Twenty-Six

Amelia's POV

"D-Doggy! T-Thank you." Cordelia stuttered while petting the dog with a smile on her face.

"It's a boy and you get to name him button."

"D-Doc. T-That i-is h-his n-name." Cordelia stuttered while Doc happily barked before licking her face. Lexie entered the house and comes to sit on the couch beside Cordelia. I picked Cordelia up from the hospital an hour ago and brought her home so her moms could have a romantic date.

"So little butterfly, how are you feeling?" Lexie asks Cordelia with a smile on her face.

"I am excellent Auntie Lexie. I got Doc and my family with me. How are you?" Cordelia signed to Lexie.

"Okay, just tired from helping my mother with your Auntie Molly and studying for my exams. I don't know how you do it little butterfly with tests in school." Lexie tells Cordelia while playing with her hair.

"School was my only escape from Matthew before Mommy saved me." Cordelia signed to us.

"Meredith told us that you didn't have a name before she adopted you. So what did the school call you?" Lexie asked.

"He had a friend on the school board and one in the actual school. So they called me Doe on my records but bastard whore to my face." Cordelia signed before returning to play with Doc.

                                      ******************

Meredith's POV

"Meredith, did you know that Matthew and his friends on the school board referred to Cordelia as a bastard to her face? But Doe on her documents?" Lexie asks me.

"Yeah I did learn about that when I adopted Cordelia. His lawyers gave me the information because they didn't want to work with him, but they're lawyers hired by the government. So they didn't have much choice in that, but gave me the information necessary." Addison holds my hand while the two of us are sitting on the couch.

"If I ever meet our older brother, I'll smack him silly." Lexie angrily replies.

"Meredith did that when he raped her and mutilated her private parts." Addison says while giving Lexie a smile.

"I would have loved to have seen that." Lexie says.

"I'll do a repeat performance if he harms Cordelia again and tape it for you."