Thirty

Arizona's POV

"Auntie Arizona, are you done yet?" Cordelia signed while sitting at the kitchen table. I'm currently making us some lunch while Cordelia's doing her schoolwork.

"Almost done, sweet pea." I responded before noticing Cordelia rubbing her eyes. Crouching down to her level, I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Did you sleep at all last night, sweet pea?" Cordelia laid her head on my shoulder and I couldn't help but coo at her.

"Had bad dreams. I did not want to bother Mommy and Mama because they had to wake up early today." Cordelia signed before I placed a kiss on her temple.

"I know that they had to wake up earlier today. I had to wake up early today as well, but your mommies won't be mad at you if you had bad dreams and woke them up. They just want to make sure that you're okay."

"Matthew and his friends would beat me if I cried or wet myself. Matthew killed a baby in front of me just because he cried. Matthew would put me in a freezing cold bath and I was not allowed to get out and change until morning." Cordelia signed to me and I hugged her close to me.

"Matthew and those men didn't deserve you or that sweet baby boy. Sweet pea, you and that baby definitely didn't deserve what happened to you. That baby is in a better place where he won't be harmed anymore. Nobody will ever hurt you again, sweet pea."

"Thank you for listening Aunt Arizona." Cordelia signed before kissing my cheek.

"I'll always be here for you."

********************

Meredith's POV

"Is she asleep?" I asked George who nodded as he entered the kitchen. Arizona told us what Cordelia told her and we were beyond angry at Matthew and those men who put her through that.

"Is she scared we would hurt her? Because we won't." George tells us while getting a beer from the fridge.

"Love, Cordelia was harmed by her abusive father and those men for her formative years. She knows that none of us will harm her, but there's always that thought at the back of her head. I was raped for years until I met you guys. Because of that I'm carrying my rapist landlord's baby." Alice tells George before petting Doc. Addison wraps her arms around me and pulls me into a hug.

"Cordelia will always have reservations about us. She's spent her formative years with abusive assholes. It's made her learn to keep things to herself, but that's why it's up to us to teach Cordelia that she can trust us."