Twelve

Cordelia's POV

"Your mother's working so she's asked me to take you to get lunch." Alice says while we continued walking down the stairs when she bumped into George.

"I'm sorry." George says and Alice grins upon seeing him.

"It's alright love, just an accident. I'm Alice Stone, Cordelia's teacher." Alice says with a warm smile on her face.

"George O'Malley. Can I at least buy you coffee? It's the least I could do." George says and I couldn't help but smile. George and Alice are good for each other, so I hope they date.

"Tomorrow when you're on lunch. That way you don't have to stress yourself out in the morning. Let me put my number in your phone." Alice says before they exchange numbers.

"I'll call you tomorrow George." Alice says with a wink before the two of us continue walking down the stairs.

"You have a crush on George." I signed to Alice with a smile.

"I do love. Is that okay?" Alice asked me when reached the bottom of the stairs and started walking towards the cafeteria.

"It is okay with me. I prefer you two together than George and Izzie. She is mean to me." I signed to Alice while we kept walking to the cafeteria.

"What did that fuck wit do?" Alice asked me.

"Sunday morning, she hit me and proceeded to tell me that my birth mother did not want me because I was defective. That Father knew that I was a mistake and made sure I knew it before saying that Mommy will give me up. Today I finally talked in front of her and she called me a stuttering retard and that Father was ashamed of me for it." I signed to Alice when we arrived in the cafeteria and we see Izzie talking to a nurse. Alice's blue eyes turned cold with anger and storms over to Izzie.

"Hey fuck wit!" Alice yelled at Izzie who turned to face her.

"What did you call me?" Izzie asked Alice.

"You heard me Dr. Stevens. I called you a fuck wit because that's what you are. You harmed an innocent little girl and proceeded to insult her today. It takes a real fuck wit to do things like that to a child! You want to hit someone, hit me because I'll fight back." Alice says before Izzie looks over at me and a glare forms on her face.

"You told this Aussie bitch!" Izzie yells at me before trying to hit me again, but Alice punches her in the face.

"Don't test me Isobel! That was a warning punch. The next time, I break all your fingers making you unable to perform surgery." Alice calmly states before turning to face me.

"Love, call Addison to pick you up. I will have to talk to your mother and her bosses." Alice tells me before I leave the cafeteria and text Mama.

                                             ******************

Addison's POV

"I'm not sorry for punching that fuck wit's face." Alice tells Richard while I sat on the couch next to Meredith and Cordelia. A few days ago, I legally adopted Cordelia and now she's Cordelia Grey-Forbes Montgomery. Meredith and I told him that we're dating and that I legally adopted Cordelia. Alice punched Izzie Stevens and reported herself while having Cordelia text me to pick her up. I was actually on my way to the hospital to talk to Richard about working there, so it wasn't necessary to text me.

"And I will talk to Dr. Stevens about that, especially about hitting a child. I appreciate you standing up for Cordelia and for reporting yourself." Richard tells Alice.

"She tried to hit Cordelia again, that's why I hit her. I was just going to give a verbal warning." Alice says and Cordelia nods in agreement.

"She was going to do what?!" Meredith yelled, causing Cordelia to cover her ears.

"Sorry Cordelia." Meredith apologized before hugging Cordelia.

"I've paged Bailey to tell Izzie to come to my office. She'll be suspended from surgeries for a month. She'll have to go on rounds and clean bedpans. Now Alice go have Torres check out your hand. The rest of you can leave." Richard says, dismissing us. We exited the office and Alice goes the other direction.

"Will you be okay with Mama tonight?" Meredith asked Cordelia who nodded with a smile.

"Don't worry sweetie. We're going to be fine." I tell Meredith before kissing her on the lips and she returns the kiss. The two of us pull apart and Cordelia hugs Meredith, who hugs her back.

"Have fun with Mama and I'll see you tomorrow." Meredith tells Cordelia before I grabbed her hand and the two of us headed out of the hospital doors.

"Next week my former sister in-law and surrogate little sister Dr. Amelia Shepherd's coming to visit me. She knows about you and Meredith and wants to meet you two."

"Does she know that I do not really talk?" Cordelia signed to me.

"She does and doesn't care. She'll love you. In fact she stood up for you to her family by saying that a little girl wouldn't lie about being abused. That resulted in the rest of her family, minus her deceased father disowning her."

"I am sorry about her daddy. Nobody deserves to lose a parent. But I appreciate her standing up for me." Cordelia signed before hugging me and I hugged her back.