Thirty-Four

Addison's POV

Sitting on Savannah's hospital bed with a Polaroid camera in my hands, I begin taking pictures of Savannah doing provocative poses. She only had a red gown on and wanted to take these pictures to have memories of her body before the surgery.

"Hold still." Taking the picture, both of us laughed before Cordelia looks up at us from her sketchbook.

"Make sure you get both sides." Savannah tells me before I take another picture of her.

"You know these are going to be next year's holiday cards. I want them to be immortalized before they're gone. And this way Weiss gets to look at them whenever he wants." Savannah says before I take another picture and she covers herself up.

"These are going to be great."

"Cordelia, come sit with Auntie Savannah. I want a picture of the two of us." Savannah says and Cordelia runs over to us, before sitting on Savannah's lap.

"We're scheduled to go in at eight tomorrow?" Savannah asks me.

"Yeah. I'm going to take you down to the pre-op at 7:45am and Weiss will be with us. Sav, as your doctor you know I'm 100% on your side, but as your friend are you absolutely sure about this?"

"I know what I'm losing. I get it. But think about what I'm gaining. My life. This gives me a shot. A shot at the future. At shot at me and Weiss becoming this crazy old wrinkled couple that argues all the time. That will have our kids and grandkids at our side. I mean, wouldn't you want that? A chance to grow old with Meredith?" Savannah asks me with tears in her eyes and Cordelia wipes them using her thumbs.

"Yeah. Yeah I do."

"Mama, are you going to take the picture now?" Cordelia signed and I give her a smile.

"Of course sweetheart." I tell Cordelia before snapping a photo of the two of them.

                                                          *********************
Meredith's POV

"When Addie told me she found true love in you Meredith and adopted Cordelia, I had such a good feeling. You guys are going to make it. You were always meant to be. I can't believe Derek would hurt a sweet little girl like Cordelia, but I'm glad that I know what kind of person he truly is." Savannah says while Cordelia was eating her chicken wings and salad. Joe made them especially for Cordelia because he knew that she had sensory issues with certain foods.

"I would kill that bastard, but I know Savannah would be pissed and call Addie. Addie would then come to the prison and kick my ass." Weiss says, causing Cordelia to look up at him from her sketchbook.

"Uncle Weiss, please do not hurt Derek. He is not worthy of your attention or time." Cordelia signed to Weiss.

"You're absolutely right Cordelia." Weiss tells Cordelia, who smiles.

"What are you drawing there, little one?" Cordelia holds up her sketchbook and I could see that it was a drawing of a young girl in a cage.

"Is that you?" Cordelia nodded in response before I noticed a drawing of a woman, dead on the floor by the cage holding a dead baby in her hands.

"Who's the woman?"

"Matthew's sixteen year old girlfriend, Stacy Franklin and her one year old daughter Stella. This was the second baby that I saw murdered by Matthew." Cordelia signed and I couldn't help the anger that was bubbling up in my body. Cordelia looked over at me and saw the anger on my face, causing her to put the sketchbook away.

"I'm not angry at you little one. I'm angry at Matthew for what he did. Did you tell the police this when you were at the hospital?"

"No because one of the police officers would take my notepad and rip it up, saying I need to talk. Andrea Brooks, my nurse had enough and got Pete to interview me instead of that rude cop. But I was scared to tell him anything in case he did the same thing as the rude cop." Cordelia signed.

"My lawyer, Audrina Samson will help with you talking to the police. Is that alright angel?" Addison asked Cordelia.

"Only if you and Mommy are also there." Cordelia signed before I hugged her close to me.

"Of course little one."