Twenty-One

Amelia's POV

"So what are we going to do today?" Cordelia and Mark both look up from their puzzle to give me their full attention. Meredith and Addison are with a patient while George was helping Alice move her things into Addison's house.

"You and Uncle Mark will solve the Rubik's Cube and the fastest time wins." Cordelia signs and I raise an eyebrow at Mark.

"Are you in Mark?"

"Of course I am. Hand me the cube, sunshine." Mark tells us and Cordelia hands it to him with a smile on her face. Callie enters Cordelia's hospital room and sat on the chair next to mine.

"So what are we doing?" Callie asks and Cordelia immediately explains everything to her.

"I got a stopwatch. I'll do the timing while Cordelia drinks that protein shake." Callie says before Cordelia begins to drink her shake.

"Three, two, one! Go Sloan." Callie says and Mark begins to solve the Rubik's Cube.

"When are my mommies coming back?" Cordelia signs to me before once again drinking her shake.

"Soon button. They're just with a patient." Cordelia nodded and Mark finished solving the Rubik's Cube.

"Twenty minutes Sloan. Amelia has to beat that to win." Callie says before grabbing the puzzle and messed it up for me. Grabbing the puzzle, I placed it on the table and waited for Callie to restart the stopwatch.

"Okay Amelia. Three, two, one! Go!" Callie says and I started to solve the puzzle when Addison entered the room.

"What is Auntie Amelia doing?" Addison asked Cordelia before sitting on the bed beside her.

"Auntie Amelia and Uncle Mark are competing to see who can solve the Rubik's Cube the fastest. Auntie Callie is recording their times." Cordelia signs to Addison while I finish the first three sides of the cube.

"Oh. Well, I'm rooting for your auntie." Addison tells Cordelia, causing Mark to give a fake offended scoff.

"Rude Addie!" Mark playfully responded.

"What was your time?" Addison asked him when I finished solving the cube and placed it on the table.

"Seven minutes Amelia. You beat Mark by thirteen minutes." Callie says before messing the puzzle again and Cordelia picks it up. Cordelia's fingers started flying around the Rubik's Cube with her tongue sticking out at the side of her mouth in concentration.

"She's fast." Mark says before Cordelia sets the cube down and our eyes widen in shock.

"Three minutes." Callie says, causing Cordelia to giggle. Those giggles were the most adorable sound in the world and I hoped to hear more.

"Addison said she was good, but I didn't know that she was that good."

"Me neither. I just know that she can solve it very easily." Addison explained before kissing Cordelia's head.

"So what do I win?"

"I-I l-love y-you A-Auntie A-Amelia." Cordelia stuttered and I can't help but smile.

"I love you very much button."

"I-I l-love y-you U-Uncle M-Mark." Cordelia tells Mark who had a huge smile on his face and tears in his eyes.

"I love you too sunshine." Mark tells Cordelia who smiled in response.

                                           ******************

Meredith's POV

"When will Cordelia be released?"

"Not for another week Dr. Grey. We just want to make sure that her wounds aren't infected." Dr. Bailey tells me when Cordelia wheels herself over to us using her electric wheelchair.

"Hi Cordelia. How are you feeling?" Dr. Bailey asked Cordelia with a genuine smile on her face.

"O-Okay A-Auntie M-Mandy. T-Thank y-you f-for a-asking." Cordelia stuttered, causing Dr. Bailey's eyebrows to raise slightly.

"You're quite welcome Cordelia and only you can call me Auntie Mandy. After all, you're my favourite person here." Dr. Bailey says with a smile on her face, causing Cordelia to have a huge smile on her face.

"Little one, you're going to have to stay here for another week. I'm sorry but it's to make sure you don't get any infections."

"O-Okay M-Mommy." Cordelia says before I placed a kiss on her forehead.