four.

"Ugh! Foodgasm!"

   Marlene moaned at the sweets in her mouth, Mary laughing loudly with Alice. Lily blushed at her two friends' behavior in public, turning to Jovie. The blonde was staring out the Honey Duke's shop window at a group of Slytherins standing in the snow.

   "Jo? You okay?" the redhead furrowed her brows.

   Jovie nodded, "it's just that hat he's wearing is so familiar."

   It was their third trip to Hogsmeade and school had been going on for quite some time now. The weather had begun to shift to autumn, meaning quidditch tryouts were just around the corner.

   Jovie fiddled with her scarf, "I'll be right back."

   She left her friends in the shop and stepped outside, the breeze immediately adding some red to her face as she made her way over to the group, tapping one of them on the back. The Slytherins turned to her in confusion.

   She made eye contact with a boy who looked strikingly similar to Sirius.

   He was wearing a knitted peruvian style hat with poms at the end. It completely clashed with his aura but somehow perfectly suited him. It fit him like a glove.

   Jovie narrowed her eyes, "Reggie?"

   The boy somehow didn't seem shocked to see her at all, a trace of a small smile on his lips. "Hey Jojo," he whispered.

   One of his friends spoke up, "wanna introduce us Reg?"

   The boy didn't really look like he wanted to but did so nonetheless. "Guy's this is Jovie, Jovie this is," he took time to gesture to each of his friends, "Evan, Barty, Dorcas, and Pandora." He ended at a pretty blonde haired girl.

   Jovie smiled, "it's really nice to meet all of you."

   Dorcas grinned, hooking an arm over the shorter girl's shoulders, "she's so cute, can we keep her?"

   Barty rolled his eyes, turning back to Jovie with a quizzical look. "How do you and Reg know each other?"

   Jovie smiled, looking back to Regulus, "old friends"

   Pandora smiled softly, "let's give them some space." Without waiting for replies she grabbed Dorcas and Barty, dragging them away as Evan followed.

   Regulus allowed himself to fully smile now, "long time no see."

   Jovie took a seat on a wooden bench, patting the spot next to her. "Why aren't you surprised to see me?" she furrowed her brows as Regulus sat down, shrugging, "you're one of the most popular people in school now, nobody can shut up about you."

   Jovie wasn't exactly unaware of this information but it still shocked her into silence.

   "You should've come said hi then," she mumbled to herself, taking her time to inspect the boy sitting next to her. He had changed a lot since when she last saw him. He was several feet taller and looked more grown into his face.

   She didn't know how she hadn't thought of him at the sight of Sirius, they were practically twins.

   Jovie's eyes grew wide, "oh my Merlin," she gasped, "you got a hole in my hat!"

   The black haired boy continued to grin, "sorry about that."

   Despite his words he didn't look the least bit sorry. He was radiating happiness as he stared down at the girl next to him.

   He had missed her so much.

   Jovie tried to keep the smile off her face as she pulled it off his head, "my most prized possession and you can't even take proper care of it."

   Regulus shrugged, "was bloody Sirius' fault, he can't leave my stuff alone."

   For some reason the thought of Sirius ever wearing her hat made Jovie smile.

   "By the way," she turned to the boy, "you never told me you had a brother."

   Regulus nodded, "It never came up," he lied. He could've told her at any time he had an older brother. He could've told her how much he loved and looked up to him and how close they used to be.

   But Jovie was just his.

   If she found out about Sirius that might've changed.

   People tended to favor Sirius over Regulus. It was a no brainer.

   "Get out of here!" At the sound of the voice, both kids turned to the sweets shop to see Marlene being thrown out, Lily apologizing profusely. Of course Alice and Mary weren't helping, the two girls practically tripping over themselves as they laughed.

   Jovie stood frantically, "I should probably go. But we need to hang out more now that I know you're here," she smiled. Regulus nodded, taking the hat from her hands. "You can take this since you're back," he pulled it onto her head, smooshing down her curls.

   Jovie grinned, her cheeks pink from the cold air. She stood up on her toes, placing a quick kiss on the boy's cheek before she started towards her friends. "Bye Reggie!"

   Regulus watched her go, "bye Jovie."

* * *

   "Hey ladies," James grinned.

   The two groups meshed as they began their walk back to Hogwarts together. They talked about their trip and what they had bought, Jovie falling into step with Sirius. The boy, rather than throw his arm over her like usual, just stared at her.

   Jovie smiled up at him, "you didn't tell me you have a brother."

   Sirius just gave a blank nod, a strange feeling twisting in his gut at the sight of Regulus' hat on her head. He frowned, "why're you wearing his hat?"

   The blonde's smile grew, her dimples digging into her cheeks. "It's actually my hat." This confused Sirius even further. "Then why-" Before he could get his question out Jovie was pulled away by Lily.

   "Ew! Jo save me from him!" She used her friend as a shield against James, Jovie trying to wriggle free as she laughed, "James stop it!"

   James seemed to sink in despair, "not you too Jo! Be on my side!"

   Remus smiled at his friends, "maturity is a foreign concept."