six.

"Let's party!" James screamed, the common room erupting into cheers and yells.

   Bottles of firewhiskey and butter beer were set out on the tables, strobe lights everywhere, and music blasting. One thing was for sure.

   Gryffindor knew how to party.

   The courageous house would use any excuse to party. Winning a quidditch match, earning house points, winning the house cup. Hell, give someone a gold star and they'll throw a party.

   Jovie sunk into the cushions of the couch, smiling as she took a sip of her drink. Lily collapsed beside her, sighing in exhaustion, "Alice is already drunk, she ran off to go find Frank."

   The blonde smiled at her friend, "wanna go up for bed? I know you don't like parties much." Lily shook her head frantically, "we can NOT go up there!" She leaned in closer, whispering, "Mary and Marlene."

   Jovie nodded in understanding. Her roommates had been together for over a year and did a good job about low pda in front of others but the moment they touched a sip of alcohol that all went out the window.

   "I suppose we're stuck down here," she sighed.

   Peter suddenly appeared, plopping down on the couch in between the two girls. His face was flushed completely red and he was obviously drunk. He threw arms over both girls, "what're you two doing?" he slurred.

   Jovie smiled at the boy, "are you okay Pete?"

   Peter grinned, "why of course Jo but my question is why aren't you guys having any fun?!" He jumped up from the couch, placing his hands on his hips sassily.

   Lily frowned, "unlike you we won't be throwing up in two hours."

   "We're teenagers! Live a little!" With that he ran away, no doubt going to search for the rest of the Marauders.

   Jovie shrugged, downing a little more of her drink, faster this time. Lily frowned at her, "what're you doing?" The blonde shrugged, finishing off what was left in her cup.

   "Maybe Peter was right, I mean once we graduate we can't do this anymore right?"

   Lily scoffed, "I mean yes but-"

   Jovie nodded excitedly, "exactly. One hangover won't kill us, and tomorrow's Saturday anyhow. We can take turns throwing up, I'll let you go first."

   Lily contemplated this for a moment.

   She had been at Hogwarts six years and not once had she gotten drunk. Which was actually rather ridiculous because there was a party at least once a week and once you were a fourth year you were invited so she had plenty of opportunities.

   The redhead sighed, "let's do it."

* * *

   "What do we get?"

   The two girls stared down at the drink table, several bottles and cans laid over it. Jovie picked up a cup and a bottle. "We can try a little bit of all of them then take whichever one we like best," she proposed.

   Lily nodded, that seemed logical.

   On their eleventh bottle James found them. He was drunk as well but somewhat able to handle himself. "Lilypad, Jovie, what're you doing?"

   The redhead held up a hand to him, downing the last of her cup. "That ones really good!" she grinned widely.

   Jovie nodded, "I know," she poured herself some more. James latched himself to Lily, "come play spin the bottle with us!" he proposed, grinning.

   Lily's brows shot up, "No!"

   Before she could fully decline, she thought back to the goal of the night. One fun night to remember. For the experience.

   Lily frowned, allowing James to pull her away. "Fine but if you rigged this bottle James Potter I'll kill you!" Jovie heard her yelling as she was pulled through the crowd.

   The blonde continued on with her taste testing but found it wasn't as fun alone.

   This party didn't seem all too appealing anymore. Jovie was beginning to think she actually was drunk and she was getting a bad headache which the strobes weren't helping with.

   Maybe this would be more fun if she found a friend.

   Setting the alcohol down she started into the crowd, searching for anyone she knew. Sweaty dancing bodies were pressed up against hers and she could barely walk in a straight line. The girl was beginning to panic.

   This was not a good idea.

   She spotted Remus, the boy towering over the majority of the crowd. He was leaned up against the wall talking to somebody she couldn't see. "Remmy! Remus!" she called.

   He couldn't hear her over the music.

   Suddenly somebody bumped her, the girl falling to the ground, her hat falling off of her head. She must've forgotten to take it off when they got inside. The blonde reached for it, someone stepping on it.

   Jovie stared at her dirtied hat for a moment and just like that, burst into tears.

   She really wasn't a big cryer. She never really had much to cry about so she didn't do it often. In fact the last time probably would've been when she moved away.

   But she really was getting a bad headache.

   And she couldn't breathe and it smelled awful and she couldn't see straight.

   And she really just wanted her mum.

   Or at least just wanted to go upstairs and cuddle up with Blue but she couldn't even do that because Mary and Marlene were in their room. She wished Lily would come back and get her. Maybe even Siri-

   "Jo, are you okay?"