twelve.

"This needs to stop."

   Jovie turned to Lily, her brows furrowing, "what needs to stop?"

   Lily threw her hands up and gestured wildly to the space in front of her, "this! You! All of them!" She narrowed her eyes at the boy's, two seated on each side of Jovie.

   Sirius looked up from his conversation with James, a smirk playing at his lips as he slung an arm around the blonde's shoulders. "What's wrong? Jealous she's spending more time with us?"

   Lily crossed her arms over her chest, "shut up Sirius. It's because ever since you guys started getting closer she's been getting into trouble! First with the suitcase-"

   "That was Mary's fault," Peter chimed.

   "Then the exploding bubble gum prank," the redhead continued.

   Remus shrugged, "technically-"

   "And of course how could we forget flooding the common room," she finished.

   James raised a hand as if waiting to be called on, "that one was entirely Sirius' fault."

   Lily sighed at the group, "what can I do.." she mumbled to herself, watching as Jovie's attention was now on James and Sirius. The two were showing her a piece of blank parchment, whispering about something.

   Lily grinned, "I've got it."

   All eyes turned to her again as she grinned, "no more Sirius."

   This caused Peter and James to burst into laughter as Sirius' jaw dropped, his arm falling from Jovie's shoulder as she held back her laughs. "What?! You can't!"

   James slapped the table, "she's the boss!"

   Lily raised a brow, "and no more James."

   Now it was time for James' jaw to drop, Peter shoving a finger in his face. "Take that you tosser!" he cackled, "Both of you-"

    "No Peter."

   The brunette nearly fell off his chair as Sirius and James snickered. Remus shook his head at his friends as he grinned, "maybe this will finally teach you guys a lesson. You should really-"

   Lily's smile widened, "you too Remus."

   Sirius spat out his drink, "you- you thought you would escape! So much for being a goody two shoes!"

   Remus frowned at Lily, "what did I ever do?"

   Lily didn't answer as she stood, pulling Jovie up with her. "Sorry boys," she waved, dragging the girl from the great hall.

   James threw his hand out dramatically towards Jovie, "wait! Jo!"

   The blonde grinned sheepishly, "whatever mother says goes," she joked.

* * *

   "What're you doing here?"

   Jovie looked up, a long blonde haired girl standing on the step above her. She frowned, "are you lost? These are the steps to Slytherin tower."

   Jovie grinned as she took a seat on the step beside her, "yes well I'm looking for Reggie and that group. Dora told me to meet them here. You're Narcissa right?"

   Narcissa smiled, sticking out her hand, "yes nice to meet you."

   Jovie found herself flushing at the sight of the girl's smile. She was really pretty. "You are-"

   "Jojo!"

   The blonde was suddenly knocked over, Evan hugging her from behind. Barty pulled him off with an eye roll as Dorcas helped Jovie up, pulling her into a hug in the process.

   Regulus frowned, "Cissa, what're you doing?"

   Narcissa stood, smoothing down her skirt. "Nothing Reggie, calm down. We were just talking." She smiled, "I'll leave you guys be, see you all later."

   Jovie watched as she left, her long hair flowing behind her back. She turned to Regulus, the boy still frowning as he glared at her back. What was that about?

   Pandora grinned, "alright! Let's go to Hogsmeade, we can see all the Christmas decorations."

   Jovie finally pulled her eyes from where Narcissa had been, turning to look at Pandora. Her eyes widened, "Dora! Your hair!"

   Barty chuckled, slinging his arm over her shoulders, "potion gone wrong. Our little Panda burnt a few golden hairs."

   Pandora shoved him off, grabbing Dorcas' hand, "shut up Bartholomew." She began down the stairs, pulling Dorcas with her. "Could use some tips from those marauder fellows," she mumbled.

   Evan laughed at this, starting down the stairs after his friends as Barty followed, shoving his hands into his pockets. Jovie turned back to Regulus, "everything alright Reg?"

   Regulus nodded slowly before finally letting a smile creep to his lips, "come on," he grabbed the girl's hand, running after his friends.

   "Wait up!"

* * *

   "This is the worst punishment I could've come up with."

   Lily collapsed onto her bed, making sure to quiet her groans of annoyance as her other roommates were sleeping. Jovie smiled softly, "you could always take it back."

   The redhead glared at her, "har har."

   She slowly climbed beneath her duvet, fluffing up her pillow. "Because of this punishment I had to keep an eye on them to make sure they wouldn't bother you. Which meant being around James," she groaned.

   Jovie raised a brow, "what'd he do?"

   Lily yanked open her nightstand drawer, causing Jovie to gasp. It was full to the brim of chocolates and flowers.

   Lily sighed, "he made sure to take advantage of the situation."

   Jovie began to filter through the drawer, picking out chocolates she liked and putting the flowers into a vase on the nightstand. Just as she finished filing it with water she heard a bang on her door.

   She glanced at Lily, the girl having fallen soundly asleep. Slowly she made her way to the door but before she could open it the door was thrown wide open.

   Sirius jumped onto Jovie, "I missed you!"

   James followed suit, "Jovie!"

   Remus glared at his friends, "shut up, you'll wake everyone."

   Jovie looked over James' shoulder, "what're you guys doing here? It's past curfew."

   Peter grinned, holding up his pair of boots, "we're breaking you out."