thirty five.

"Where the fuck is she!?"

   Sirius kicked at the dead leaves on the ground, back to tugging at his hair, "we've looked everywhere I just don't understand!"

   Remus set a tender hand on his shoulder, looking out into the darkness, "who's that?"

   Both boys peered into the darkness ahead, two figures stepping beneath the porch lights. They were huddled together, one drenched in blood as the other couldn't take his eyes off her.

   "Jovie."

   Sirius crashed into the girl, his hands immediately wrapping around her. He squeezed her tight before pulling away frantically, "are you okay? Please tell me you're okay," it sounded like he was holding back tears.

   Jovie nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks, "I'm fine, I'm okay now."

   Sirius nodded, backing away for a moment only for Remus to immediately take his place. He scooped Jovie up in a hug, frantically thumbing her tears away, "I'm so sorry. I should've said yes to studying in the library I didn't know-"

   "I'm okay Remus, it's fine."

   Jovie smiled up at the boys around her, spotting a glimpse of red from over James' shoulder. She gently pushed the boy aside, her eyes widening at the sight of Lily.

   Her best friend.

   "Oh Jovie," Lily began forward, a hand clasped over her mouth as she cried. The moment she reached Jovie their arms were around each other, the two girls sinking to the floor.

   Jovie smiled as Lily tried to rid the blood from her face, "you came."

   Lily thumbed at a smudge of blood on her jaw, tears cascading down her cheeks, "you needed me."

   James smiled down at the two girls, "let's go home."

* * *

   By the time the group arrived back at Gryffindor tower after visiting Dumbledore and Madam Pomfrey everything was silent, their friends had fallen asleep in the common room, waiting in anticipation for Jovie's return.

   Lily nudged Jovie, "maybe we should just go up to bed."

   At the sound of a voice Pandora flinched, slowly peeling her eyes open. They took a moment to adjust to the light but it wasn't long before she recognized her blonde friend.

   "It's Jovie, oh my gosh Jovie!"

   She woke the entire common room, crawling from her place on the couch to run over to the girl. She quickly wrapped her arms around her, Mary next as she had woken up quickly.

   It wasn't long before everyone got their hugs in, deciding it would be best to deal with everything else tomorrow and just go to bed with the happiness that their friend had returned.

   The slytherins left first, Regulus stopping briefly to talk to Jovie.

   "I'm glad you're okay."

   Jovie smiled, "me too."

   The black haired boy's eyes flickered over the girl's being, "are you happy with Sirius?"

   Jovie seemed to flush, her grin widening, "I mean yeah, of course."

   Regulus nodded, "okay, goodnight Jovie."

   He placed a fleeting kiss on her forehead before leaving to follow his friends back to the slytherin tower.

   Jovie shrugged off the interaction, walking back into the common room to go to bed. She climbed the steps to her bedroom, pushing open the door to find her friends pushing Lily's bed closer to her's, Marlene directing them as she stood not helping.

   Jovie grinned, "what're you guys doing?"

   Mary smiled, "we're having a slumber party, duh."

   The girl's door creaked open, Peter and James sticking their heads inside, "are we invited?"

   Lily frowned, slamming the door and almost beheading both boys, "stay out! Toerag!"

   James scoffed, "we'll sleep out here then!"

   Jovie laughed lightly as she climbed into her bed, her friends huddled on either side of her. She could hear Sirius and James bickering outside and it sounded like music to her ears.

   This was her family.

   Hogwarts was her home.

   She'd always be safe as long as she had them.