thirty.

It had been two weeks since the accident and everyone had been fully healed and made up. They were all back to their usual mischief and bickering.

   Jovie couldn't have been happier.

   Everything was perfect. Jovie sighed at the thought of it, snuggling closer to Sirius. The black haired boy grinned, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend tighter as he flipped her.

   Jovie let out a light laugh, rolling over so she was on her stomach, stradling the boy. She kissed his forehead, brushing his hair away.

   "Good morning," she hummed.

   "I could throw up."

   Both teens turned to find James standing by his bed in his boxers, bent over faking vomiting. Sirius rolled his eyes and chucked a pillow at the boy, James' dodging it and allowing it to hit Peter who was still asleep.

   "Okay that's enough," Remus walked around from his side of the bed, already fully dressed. He grabbed Jovie, dragging her from the bed as Sirius held on tightly to her ankle.

   Jovie laughed at this tug of war, Remus eventually winning and standing her straight. "Come on Jo, we've got herbology."

   This immediately dampened the blonde's mood, "ughhh!"

* * *

   "Bye Em!"

   Emmeline waved back cheerfully, Jovie rounding the corner to head towards Gryffindor tower. She spotted Regulus and Sirius standing off to one side of the hallway, arguing with one another.

   The moment Regulus spotted Jovie he looked away, almost mournfully.

   "Hey Jo," he greeted, still not looking her in the eyes.

   Jovie grinned, "Reggie! We haven't hung out in forever, where have you been?"

   Regulus shrugged, finally meeting the girl's eyes. He had deep purple eye bags and a void look in his eyes. He watched as Sirius slipped his hand into Jovie's, his eyes seeming to darken even more.

   Jovie frowned, "are you okay Reg?"

   "I'm fine," the boy cut her off, sighing deeply. "I'll see you guys around, and please," he stopped for a moment, "be careful."

   The blonde was taken aback by this, "be careful of what?"

   Of course there was a war going on and it kept everyone on their toes but Hogwarts was safe. At least it was supposed to be?

   Regulus hesitated slightly, Sirius discreetly shaking his head no. Despite this, Regulus proceeded, "some of the slytherins, let's just say they're not on the right side of the war."

   With that he walked away.

   Jovie's brows furrowed, her lips curling into a frown. She had thought everything had ended with Snape, that maybe she could enjoy the rest of her year in peace.

   Apparently not.

   Sirius smiled, squeezing her hand, "don't worry about it, it's all under control."

   What did that mean?

   Jovie just gave a nod, allowing Sirius to pull her towards the steps to Gryffindor tower.

* * *

   Jovie hummed along to the song emitting from the record player as Mary did her hair in two braids, Marlene in front of them on her stomach with a magazine. Alice sat on the bed next to them, taking notes for class.

   The girls were happy to have found their peace.

   All of them were happy and healthy. They were in good relationships and had the best friends a girl could ask for. Everything seemed perfect.

   Except for Lily.

   The redhead sat on the other side of the room, staring solemnly at Jovie as she laughed with their friends.

   For some reason she couldn't shake the feeling that something was coming. Every sound seemed like a threat. Every person, an attacker.

   She was always on guard.

   She couldn't risk something happening again.

   She didn't know if she could handle it.