eighteen.

"CHRISTMAS EVE-"

   "James," Sirius glared sharply at the boy from under his mess of hair, James' immediately zipping his mouth. Jovie laughed at the two from her place seated in between them on the bed, stroking her fingers through Blue's fur.

   It was officially Christmas eve which meant tomorrow James' ridiculously loud countdown could come to an end. The days spent before Christmas consisted mainly of last minute shopping, board games, and cooking.

   James laid himself over Jovie's legs, making sure to "accidentally" kick Sirius. "What do you guys wanna do today?"

   Sirius grumbled something, pulling the plaid comforter further over his head. James rolled his eyes as he climbed off the bed, running out the room and downstairs.

   Jovie watched the doorway curiously for a moment before turning to look at Sirius. He looked really pretty when he slept. His hair was swept in just the right pattern.

   At the sound of heavy footsteps the blonde looked back up to the door, James running back inside with a pile of snow in his arms. Jovie's eyes widened, the girl jumping away from Sirius just as James' hurled the snowball at him.

   It took a second but-

   "JAMES BLOODY POTTER I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!"

* * *

   "James' stop it you're going to fall!"

   "You're pushing me!"

   "Guys watch out!"

   The three all fell to the ground, groaning and complaining as snow and ice soaked through their pants.

   Sirius glared at James, "I told you to stop!"

   James glared back, "it was your fault!"

   Jovie sat in between the feuding boys, sighing as she brushed snow from her pants. She looked up, a smile creeping onto her face. "Guys look."

   Both boys followed her eyes to find the giant Christmas tree in the middle of town lit up and decorated, muggles gathered all around it.

   James sighed as he stood, "peace until after Christmas?"

   Sirius rolled his eyes, trying to keep the grin off his face, "only until then, sleep with one eye open Prongs."

   James helped his friends up, the three kids setting off to complete the list of errands Euphemia had given them. They're outing only took two hours with minimal fighting and almost no falling.

   Once they got back to the house Jovie was immediately swept into the kitchen with Fleamont, the two getting started on Christmas dinner as Euphemia made the boys clean.

   After everyone finished they spent the night watching movies and playing board games before the kids were sent upstairs, everyone eager to go to bed for the next day to come.

   "James?" Sirius stuck his head into the bathroom, the shower water running and the curtain closed. He stepped inside, beginning to rummage through his things for a rubber band, having no such luck.

   The bathroom door suddenly shut, James' laughing maniacally outside of it. At the sound Jovie stuck her head from behind the curtain, "what..."

   She trailed off at the sight of Sirius, the pieces clicking together in her mind. James had just locked her in a bathroom with Sirius.

   And she was completely naked.

   The girl quickly flushed, moving her head back behind the curtain.

   Sirius' face was beet red as he banged on the door, "we had a truce you tosser!" James scoffed, his voice getting further away, "all's fair in love and war! It's Christmas eve, I won't keep you in there forever!"

   Sirius groaned at his friend, "you're not even supposed to be using magic!" At the lack of response he slumped to the floor, hiding his face in his hands.

   The shower water shut off, Sirius watching as Jovie snatched her towel from the rack. He could see the movement of the curtain from her franticness to dry off. He looked away.

   "Sirius?"

   "Yes?"

   Jovie took in a deep breath, "could you pass me my clothes, they're on the stand."

   Sirius quickly grabbed the ball off clothes, shoving his arm through the curtain as he looked away. He was going to slaughter James and then crucify him. There would be nothing left, Euphemia would just have to forgive him.

   Jovie took the clothes, Sirius retreating back to his spot against the door. After a minute the shower curtain opened, Jovie stepping out in the matching pajamas Euphemia made them all wear, like she did every year, her wet hair sticking to her neck.

   Jovie looked Sirius up and down, "you look cute," she tried not to grin.

   Sirius threw a look at her, "you look like a dork."

   Both kids stood in silence for a moment before bursting into laughter. After they calmed down from their laugh attack Jovie motioned for Sirius to scoot over, allowing her room to sit beside him.

   She pulled her knees to her chest, wiggling her fingers as they sat quietly again. The blonde looked over to Sirius, "what're you thinking about?"

   "All the ways I'm going to kill James tomorrow," he lied.

   He was actually thinking about how Jovie had used his body washed and now smelled so strongly of him he thought he might die.

   Jovie laughed lightly, running her fingers through her hair, "maybe wait until the 26th, dying on his favorite holiday would be a shame."

   Sirius chuckled, "don't take away the fun in it."