thirty one.

No one would have known it then but Lily would turn out to be more right than they could imagine. They should've thought like her.

   Every sound was a threat.

   Every person, an attacker.

   Even friends.

   But how could Jovie have known that when she wandered into the library in search of a quiet place to study. She'd found seating in the back, humming to herself as she flipped through her text book.

   "May I join you?"

   Jovie looked up, the beautiful Narcissa standing there, her long blonde hair swishing behind her. Jovie grinned, "of course."

   She moved her stuff to only cover half the table, allowing Narcissa to take a seat and set down her study materials.

   The two continued to sit and study in silence until Narcissa looked up, noticing Jovie no longer focused on her studies but instead preoccupied with the view out the window.

   "Is everything okay?" She smiled kindly.

   Jovie snapped from her trance, shifting her eyes to Narcissa. She contemplated her trust in the girl for a moment before giving into her kind smile.

   "It's just, I'm worried there might be some," she hesitated slightly, "death eaters, in Hogwarts. Its probably silly but," her eyes drifted back to the window, watching Snape sit alone in the courtyard.

   Jovie had never hated anything in her life.

   Severus Snape might be the first.

   "I bet he'd be one," she scoffed.

   Narcissa's mood seemed to shift, "Snape? A death eater?"

   "Yeah I mean he's most likely right?" Jovie was just spouting words at this point.

   "I don't think so."

   "Who do you think?"

   "Well for starters, me."

   Jovie blinked.

   She slowly turned to face the girl across from her, her sweet smile now turned to a sad one. Jovie couldn't tell whether or not she was joking but her stomach turned at the thought.

   "Sorry Jovina."

   The blonde felt a spell hit her from behind, the girl immediately hitting the floor. Her eyes flicked around in horror as she couldn't move her body.

   She watched Lucius praise Narcissa, the girl averting her eyes as she yanked her arm away from his touch. The blonde stormed off, Lucius rolling his eyes at her as he turned back to Jovie.

   "Let's get you up, shall we?"

* * *

   "Well if it isn't my favorite people!"

   Sirius announced himself as he strutted into the grand hall, taking a seat at their table beside James. He scanned his friends for his favorite blonde, the girl not being found.

   "Looking for Jo?" Peter asked, not lifting his eyes from his card game.

   Sirius nodded, Lily glancing around from where she was seated next to James. "I haven't seen her since earlier actually, I wonder where she went?"

   This caused a wave of confusion to splash over the group.

   Things didn't feel quite right Jovie.

   She was their glue.

   Just then Regulus appeared at the table, Barty behind him out of breath. Regulus wasted no time, "we need to go, right now."

   Lily's eyes widened, the fear of her nightmares coming to fruition over taking her.

   Sirius stood, "why? What's wrong?"

   Everyone seemed to be on edge, everyone that is, except for Peter. He continued to place down his cards without a care in the world. However no one noticed this, too focused on the news they were to receive.

   "It's Jovie."