seventeen.

"FOUR MORE DAYS!!"

   Jovie sighed, rolling over at the screech. She and Sirius were both still passed out in bed, Blue curled up right on James' side of the bed. The blonde seemed to roll right into a pillow, Jovie just curling up against it.

   Sirius froze as he felt Jovie curl up behind him.

   He could feel her breaths on his back, her fingers lightly grasping at his shirt. He debated whether or not to get up. He didn't want to wake her, however he needed to go tell James to shut his trap.

   "CHRISTMAS IN FOUR DAYS!"

   The brunette bounded into the room, catapulting himself onto the bed, "WAKEY WAKEY!"

   Jovie let out a squeak as he landed on top of her, Blue being launched into the air before landing back onto the bed, a few coins falling from his pouch at the impact.

   Sirius finally decided to sit up and glare at James who was seated next to him on top of Jovie. The blonde let out a long groan, Sirius shoving James to the floor.

   "It's too early for this," he laid back down as Jovie sat up, her curls a frizzy mess around her head.

   She rubbed her eyes, "what's the commotion?"

   James grinned from the floor, "happy four days to Christmas Jo."

   Jovie smiled, "happy four days to Christmas James."

   Sirius groaned, "shut up!"

* * *

   "Don't freeze to death out there," Euphemia tightened the blonde's scarf, smiling kindly. "Be back soon," she kissed the girl on the cheek before returning to her cleaning.

   Jovie made her way to the fireplace, grabbing a handful of floo powder. Before she could step inside James came bounding down the steps, Sirius right behind him.

   James raised a brow, "where are you going?"

   The blonde smiled, straightening her cloak, "present shopping with Lil-"

   "Can I come?!"

   Sirius signaled for her to say no, shaking his head as he smirked. For some reason Jovie felt her cheeks flush at his expression.

   "Sorry James, she strictly said do not let James Fleamont Potter come with you under any circumstances, direct quote," she smiled apologetically.

   James slumped onto the couch, "why must she play coy!"

   Sirius hit the boy in the face with a pillow as he smiled at Jovie, "go ahead, have fun," he grinned.

   Jovie felt her heart fill, "okay! See you later!"

   She stepped into the ashy fireplace, closing her eyes as she threw down the floo powder. "Diagon alley!" Green flames erupted, swallowing the girl before they died down, Jovie opening her eyes to see she was now in diagon alley.

   Several busy wizards pushed on by, garlands and reefs decorating the alley. Jovie quickly made her way down the street and to Flourish and Blotts, her favorite shop in the entirety of the alley.

   It wasn't hard to find her redheaded friend from there.

   "Lily!" Jovie smiled.

   Lily turned and rather than be happy she seemed quite upset. She marched up to the blonde, engulfing her in a hug before pulling away abruptly, resuming her madness.

   Jovie's brow furrowed, "what's wrong?"

   Lily threw her hands up, "you! Why wouldn't you tell me you had no place to go for the holidays!?"

   Jovie smiled sheepishly, she was relieved Lily wasn't actually mad at her. "I'm sorry I just didn't want to bother anyone," she apologized.

   Lily rolled her eyes as she hooked arms with the girl, the two strolling out of the store and back into the alley. "I can't believe you, it wouldn't be a bother at all! Though actually with Petunia...well anyway," she began to ramble.

   Jovie smiled as she listened to her friend though she couldn't help but let her mind drift elsewhere.

   What should she get Sirius for Christmas?

* * *

   "These are sickeningly perfect for James," Lily held up the printed pajama pants, James' favorite quidditch team logo on the hip.

   Jovie smiled, "you're getting him a present?"

   Lily rolled her eyes, her face flushing, "of course! We are friends!" She snatched the pants from the shelf, stalking over to wait in line at the counter.

   Jovie waited by the door, rummaging through her bags as she did. Shopping for each of her friends was surprisingly easier than she expected it to be.

   She had gotten a book and a few trinkets for Remus, exploding bonbons for Peter, a pack of assorted colorful headbands for James, he loved them so much he kept stealing hers, a book on magical creatures for Lily, and matching bracelets for her roommates.

   Of course she hadn't forgotten about Regulus either, having picked out his gift weeks ago. A hat nearly identical to her's, she thought it was an amazing gift.

   Lily made her way over with her bags, linking arms with the blonde as they left the store. "Still nothing for Sirius? Can't be that hard can it?"

   Jovie frowned, nodding, "I want it to be as good as the other gifts but nothing seems good enough for him."

   Lily grinned, "I think I know what that means."

   Jovie looked at her confused, "why? You have a gift idea?" Lily shook her head with a laugh as she pulled her friend into a hug, "oh you sweet sweet innocent baby angel princess!"

   The blonde smiled at her friend's antics, her eyes wandering to a nearby shop window. Her eyes widened at the display case.

   "Lily, I found it."