(10) Vren - REVISED

***Her Right Mistake is also available on Inkitt

***Her Right Mistake is also available on Inkitt. You can check it out by clicking on the link on my profile. It would mean so much to me. 💕

Vren hadn't left Audrey's side—so did Kathie, Jessica, and Kylie. They've taken her to the hospital, and it was evident that he wasn't the only one worried sick. They hadn't spoken a word to each other. In fact, they hadn't even made eye contact with him. They offered him coffee, though.

Audrey's eyes fluttered open.

Her friends were on their feet in a split second. Kylie went to call a doctor.

Audrey's face registered confusion, then she realized where she was and remained quiet. She met his eyes.

He expected a frown but there was nothing. Like he was right where she wanted him to be.

"Hey, sweetie. How are you feeling?" Kathie asks, almost sounding like her mother.

Before Audrey could answer, Kylie came back in with the doctor.

Vren couldn't wait for a second longer. "How is she?"

The doctor gave him a comforting smile. "You have nothing to worry about. Mommy and baby are both fine."

Kathie, Jessica, and Kylie sighed in relief. Judging by their reaction, they already knew.

He was the only one in the room who had his jaw hanging open.

"Oh, good Lord. I was scared to death." Jessica had a hand over her chest. "Today's been a shitty day."

The doctor chuckled. "They'll both be fine."

Vren felt his brows knitting together. His gaze bounced between Audrey's friends and the doctor, then zeroed in on Audrey.

Audrey sensed his gaze. She cleared her throat, which garnered the women's attention. "Sorry, Ladies. I need to talk to Vren. Can you give us a moment, please?"

She gave them a soft smile and thanked the doctor.

They all leave the room.

"We'll just be right outside." Jessica and Audrey exchanged looks.

When they were finally alone, Audrey got up into a sitting position. Vren piled the pillow behind her to make sure she was comfortable.

"This is not how I planned to tell you." Audrey looked down at her fingers. "But, yeah, you heard it right—I'm pregnant."

Her friends already knew. So, that's why Kathie acted weird at the party. He bets Cade already knows, too.

Vren doesn't want to seem too happy. So, he opted for a smile. "That's great news."

Audrey looked at him with an unreadable expression on her face. "I'm going to have this baby."

"Okay. That's good."

She nods. "Do you want in or not?"

She gave him a minute before continuing, "I won't hold it against you if you don't want in. You're a free man. But, if you want in, there's no turning back."

Hell, he was in. All the way in. He doesn't want to sound desperate, so he put on one of his trademark grins and answered, "well, Audrey, consider yourself stuck with me."

She gave him a confused look. "You're not going to think about first?"

"I had a whole month to think about it a thousand times a day." He rolled his shoulders.

"Okay, then. We'll talk in detail tomorrow." She loops her fingers together, her face stoic. That smiling version of Audrey was gone again. "Can you call Kylie back in here?"

He wanted to volunteer himself, so he asks, "what do you need?"

Audrey gave him a look. "I need Kylie."

He smiled, suddenly amused. "Anything I can do for you?"

"Yeah. Call Kylie back in here." She kept on a poker face.

Vren could sense that she was irritated but refused to give him the satisfaction. Despite that, he followed her request. Kylie, along with her best friends came back inside the room.

The moment Audrey saw Kylie, he saw comfort in her eyes. There was something about Kylie that always softens her up.

"The doctor said it's okay to take you home," she said with a smile.

"Oh, thank, God." Audrey started climbing out of the bed. Kathie and Jessica made sure she does it without falling off.

"Are you sober?" Audrey turns in his direction.

"Yeah."

"Okay, good. You're driving." Jessica grinned at him. "I don't think I can even walk a straight line after all that's happened today. I was scared for the B-A-B-Y."

They all exchanged glances.

Audrey shot her a look. "Jess, he already knows, remember? Also, I'm pretty sure he can spell."

"Oh, great. What are our plans?" Jessica gave him a big smile.

Audrey stares at him, her head tilting to one side as if taking in the entirety of him. "In progress."

"We'll have some within the week." Vren gave Jessica a wink.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "You better."

Now that Audrey was okay, the group wasn't silent anymore. In fact, they've talked just about everything on the way to her place. Audrey's responses were minimal though.

"You can park right here," Kylie instructed from the passenger's side. She took off his seatbelt. "We'll take it from here."

Kathie's head bobbed between the driver's and passenger's seats. "Great driving. You deserve a tip, sir."

He chuckled. "She'll be okay?"

She responded with a cheeky smile. "Yeah. I'll be sleeping over, so I can just give you some updates."

"Okay. Thank you."

Kathie winked. "Drive safe."