(2) Vren

DisclaimerPlease be very careful with what comments you leave on my stories

Disclaimer
Please be very careful with what comments you leave on my stories. If it's any way hurtful or offensive to me or any of my readers, I won't hesitate to block you. I work hard writing my stories and I refuse to let 'Karens' lambaste my hard work. Be negative somewhere else.

Vren rapped his fist against his forehead. The sun glared from where it's made a cruel invasion and it bit at his arm. Next door, a vacuum hummed mechanically in crescendo to the pounding in his head.

He groans.

Vren Parkinson had never been this hungover since college.

His hand reached over the other side of the bed and fumbles for another pillow to shield himself from the sunlight, freezing when he's met by rumpled sheets.

Sheets that smelled of the feminine perfume he had vague recollections of. He burrows his face on the pillow, struggling to remember.

Neat bun.

Platinum blonde hair spilling into silky smooth shoulders. Spilling deliciously into his hands.

Olive-green dress. And underneath was dainty skin he explored all night.

Slender fingers gliding up and down his back, leaving marks as he leaves his own on every inch of her.

Shit!

Audrey.

His eyes snapped open and he bolted upright, ignoring his pulsing head. He was alone in bed. He listened for the water running in the shower. When he hadn't heard a thing, he listened more closely.

Nope. Definitely alone.

He scanned the room.

No sign of her. As if he'd dreamed it all. As if the woman at the bar who drew him in was a figment of his fantasies. He walked up to her, knowing he was off his game.

Vren Parkinson was enchanted. Not the one doing the enchanting. For the first, he wasn't taking the lead. He wasn't the shepherd the moment Audrey graced him with a slow, sexy smile.

They flirted.

They drank.

Flirted some more.

Drank some more.

He seemed to remember them both staggering to his hotel room. Tearing away each other's clothes. Kissing.

Oh, God.

He just had the best lay and he's way too drunk to remember everything.

Everything.

He needs everything.

He scooted to the side of the bed even when his throbbing head protested. He doesn't exactly know if he was looking for something, but when he found the nightstand without a note, his stomach dropped.