(26) Audrey

"I'm at my office and I'm fine," Audrey managed to sound bored and irritated which is a big case of hypocrisy on her part. Audrey is not about to admit that his name showing up on the screen of her phone made her leap for it. She'll deny it until her face turns blue. Audrey falling asleep on the sofa for a couple of times now and miraculously finding herself on her bed in the morning is somehow an embarrassment to her. Falling asleep on someone's shoulder is not really her thing. Hell, she'd rather fall off the sofa if she ever dozes off.

Vren chuckles on the other line. "And hello to you, gorgeous."

She puts last night's waterworks on top of her embarrassing list of mishaps. And that list doesn't have much in it because she could handle them. She never wished to cry in front of Vren, especially not over a stupid throw pillow.

"How are you this morning?" He asks.

Audrey knows he's referring to the morning sickness. Thank, God. Vren didn't mention anything about last night. "I'm getting used to it."

Kylie comes in with her steaming coffee. "Christian Parkinson is inviting you tomorrow at their man cave."

She's going to expect a call from him. As if one Parkinson is not enough to deal with. "I have to go, Vren."

"Three more minutes."

Audrey rolls her eyes but stayed on the line anyway. "Fine."

"And I've stocked you. I checked your fridge yesterday. You're out of... everything." She puts down the cup of coffee, her voice low in respect for the call Audrey was having.

She nods.

Her assistant was halfway out the door when the two bouquets of flowers on her table caught her eye. She wondered why there were two so she checked and confirmed the other was from Christian. "Kylie, come here."

"Don't hang up on me." Vren protested through the phone.

"You stay on the line all you want," she murmurs before turning to Kylie approaching her desk.

She smiles. "Yes?"

Audrey pointed to one of the bouquets – one with the cards with Christian's handwriting on it. "These flowers are not for me."

"Huh?"

"Read the card."

She took the card out of the bouquet and read, a touch of pink on her cheeks. "I don't want it," she blurted.

"I don't want it on my table either," she deadpans.

Kylie reluctantly took the bouquet and left her office in silence. She followed her with her gaze and allowed a sigh when the door closes. "Vren?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you tell Christian to stop bugging Kylie? He's making the poor girl uncomfortable." She tipped her head back on the headrest.

He laughs softly. "What did he do?"

"He sent her flowers and written a card with his number on it. And it says, "Hearing from you would make my day.""

"Oh, right. That's my brother."

Audrey shakes her head. "Why does his tactics so familiar?" She faked confusion and clicks her tongue as if in thought. "Does it ring a bell to you? Because I happen to have bouquets delivered to me twice a day every single day."

"Except on weekends though." He played along.

She hears herself laugh. "Just tell him, will you?"