Ending

Before you continue, please know that this book still needs a lot of fact checking because pregnancy 101 is not something I am an expert of. This means that the author of this book needs to have more research about PREGNANCY and you'll probably be questioning some farfetched information in the book. Again, I did not make some thorough research. Please know that is the first draft and will undergo minimum to drastic editing once done with "fact checking."

NO NEED TO PREACH, PLEASE.

"Sweetheart?" Vren closes the door behind him. She hasn't opened the door for him. Although she only meets him at the door on a few occasions, he's still allowed to expect a peck from his girlfriend. He padded quietly inside his penthouse, chest fluttering as he hears her elegant voice from the living room.

He watches in amusement as the woman he's been obsessing over for months now chided someone over her phone. He couldn't exactly hear the entire conversation but he was able to get the idea that it was about an advertiser who pulled out from a prime spot at the last minute.

She's supposed to be on sabbatical leave but she kept everything monitored through Kylie. Although she reassured him she's keeping herself from stress, Vren tries to get her off the phone. Mainly for his own personal gain because he needed the attention. Some days she's hunched over her laptop, maybe checking her emails, and sometimes engrossed in a video call with her friend Rachel Myers whom she just recently reconciled with.

Audrey was sitting next to a half-decorated Christmas tree, barefoot and heavily pregnant. She was reaching under the tree, fumbling for a Christmas ball that rolled out of her reach. She kept the phone to her ear, taking out a breath of frustration when her hand still appeared empty from underneath the tree.

She cracked her neck, hand settling on her round belly that was giving her a hard time leaning all the way down so she could see the pesky Christmas ball. His heart warmed. He won't even need anything else by the tree in the morning of Christmas day or any other day. He has everything he needed.

Audrey has moved in with him three months ago. And it's been perfect since then. Well, even more perfect that she's living with him and hasn't complained about it. She made him move some furniture, add in more throw pillows – he didn't really care about it as long as she's in his penthouse, allowing him to love her more every day.

She made him buy Christmas decorations yesterday. Although Christmas is still weeks away, every corner he turns to, there was the Christmas spirit lurking in. He's not one of those people who goes nuts over the holidays but that was before Audrey. For the first time, taking a time off work is something he looks forward to.

Audrey spotted him in the doorway, her brows lifting. She ended the call, a beautiful smile cutting through the cold demeanor. "You're early."

He shrugged, walking over to her. "I missed my girlfriend."

"No, you don't. You just got off work early." Her eyes flicked away, cheeks turning into a faint pink. She propped her hands to her sides and started pushing her way off the floor.

Vren crouched to her level, tugging her up gently by the waist.

"Thanks." She patted his arm and brushes past him to the kitchen.

He towed her, watching closely as she waddled toward the fridge and got herself a bottle of water. "That's it? No kiss, whatsoever?"

"No to smooching." She snorted. "I've been eating pickles all day."

He walks toward her, digging for something in his pocket. His arm went around her waist, tugging her close. "I like pickles."

She rolled her eyes.

"I do." He took out the sprig out of his pocket, raising his arm so it dangles above their heads. He plants a kiss on the center of her forehead. "Look up."

Audrey craned her neck, her gaze fixed on the green sprig. "A mistletoe?"

He grinned, nodding up to the tiny twig with a cluster of berries and a velvet bow. "You can't deny me a mistletoe kiss."

"I'm serious though. I've been eating pickles all day." She looks down to her barefoot, face crimson red. "And I've been walking around with no shoes."

"I like you barefooted and pregnant." He squeezes her waist, urging her to look up.

Her head angled upward. "You still think I'm pretty?"

"I still think you're perfect and gorgeous. And what makes me so happy is that you're all mine." He lowered his head, brushing his lips across hers. He kisses her thoroughly as if taking his time. But he pulls back, another agenda in mind. He took her hand and press the mistletoe on her palm.

"I don't need a mistletoe," she said, still dazed from the kiss he ended far too soon.

He pecks on the tip of her nose. "Look closer."

She looked down the mistletoe, eyes narrowing as she saw a key held fast by the red velvet bow. "A key? I live here already. Of course, I have a spare key."

"Who said it's a key to my penthouse?"

Her brows crinkled to a delicate frown, then slowly disappears as her eyes distended with realization. "You didn't."

"I did. What do you think? I could take you to—ouch." He rubbed his chest, on the spot where she slapped him. "What was that for?"

"I already decorated your penthouse. And now, you're telling me there's another house?" Her hands went behind her hips, her round belly more emphasized.

He scratches the back of his neck. "Yeah, I should have told you before you started decorating. We still have our new house though. This time, I'll decorate it for you."

Her lips pursed, her hand clenched around the mistletoe. "You don't know anything about decorations."

"I'm not just talking about Christmas. I'm talking about the holidays all year round. I can renovate every corner just the way you like it. Just promise me you'll be in that house with me for the rest of our lives."

Her eyes watered. "That's sweet."

"Do you want to keep the house?" He trails a fingers across her cheek.

She sniffled. "Of course, I do."

"And you love me?"

Audrey nods.

He chuckles, a hand going over her stomach as he leans his cheek against it. "Hear that, baby? Mommy is a sucker for daddy."

She lets out a watery laugh and flicked his ear. "Stop lying to the baby. It's the other way around."

Vren stood straight wrapping his arms around her. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

He nodded, finding her lips. He kisses her slowly and tenderly, savoring every moment that she was there in his arms. 

Hi, guys! What dah yah think? Shower this chapter some love! After all the support you're giving this book, I decided to make three updates (this chapter being one) so we have two more chapters! We've come this far and even then, you sweet beings keep surprising me. Last update reached 152 votes! How awesome is that?

And since I'm feeling suppeeerrr  loved right now, if this chapter reached 150 votes (Sunday or not) I'm updating the next chapter. Promise. The moment it hits 150 votes, no need to wait for my usual update scheds, I'll update right there and then.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!