(15) Audrey

***Hi! This book is under MAJOR revision, so some things WILL NOT ADD UP in the next chapters (especially in chapters that aren't labeled 'REVISED.') Please read on with this in mind.

I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH: it isn't an inconsistency in the plot, there's just a revision.

"Sweetheart? Really?" Audrey hissed to his ear. She's been dreading to attend the wedding. The first time she tolerated one was her best friend, Kathie Parkinson's wedding and she ended up in irrevocable consequences. Lili Scott has eagerly invited her to her wedding and would do the cover for Sassy only if she did.

Audrey shoots daggers at him although he refuses to acknowledge it. His hand is on the small of her back, a permanent grin on his face. "I did it on the spur of the moment."

She's hell-bent on scratching that annoying smug look on his face. They made their way to the parking lot and she held her breath until they neared his Audi. By the time they were in a safe distance from the guests' line of sight, the breath breezed past with an irritated, "are you out of your mind?"

Vren simply looked at her. "I'm sorry. We should've gone together. I was invited too."

"We were invited separately." She shakes her head, dismissing his reason. "And that's not my point here. You blindsided me."

"Okay. I'm sorry."

Audrey stares at his baby blue eyes. She's assessing the sincerity of the apology. When she finally had it measured, she looked away. "Just take me home."

Vren opens the door for her and she climbs in complete silence. He took his seat behind the wheel, regarding her with his tender eyes that could truly be sincere or just expert at looking like it. "Am I in a silent treatment?"

Audrey keeps her gaze steady on the windshield. She doesn't say another word. And will keep it that way on the ride home.

"I guess, I'm right about the silent treatment." He starts the engine and eased the car onto the road.

She wound her hair into a bun and rested her arms over her chest. She just sat there, aloof from any forms of conversation with him. Although she could sense him constantly giving her brief glances, she kept her eyes ahead.

"So, do you want to grab some ice cream?" Vren asks.

Audrey turns to him, armed with a glare. "Are you trying to bribe me with ice cream? Do I look like a nine year old to you?"

"No. I just thought you might like some ice cream." He returns with a smile. Always charming.

She shakes her head firmly. But the sound does sound tempting. Which is why she was hating herself so much for actually enjoying Ben & Jerry so much as they pulled up to the parking lot of her apartment building.

"Do you need anything else?" He kills the engine.

Audrey shakes her head. She just wants to sit on her couch and get rid of her heels. She was about to push the door open, her purse in her right, Ben & Jerry on the left. Vren quickly got off the car and opens the door. Instead of letting her out, he blocked her way. She still kept up her silence even with her slip-up with the ice cream part.

He locked his eyes on her. They glinted in mischief. "Don't say a word if we can stay here in the parking lot."

Audrey narrowed her eyes on him.

He clicks his tongue when he wasn't given a reply. "Good." He leans his head on the door and showed one of his playful grins. "Don't say anything if you agree to have dinner with me all week."