8 : Not Fair

⚠️ Cursing - inappropriate words ⚠️

Author's pov :

"Phi...?"

Jisung was nothing but confused. The older has just made a phone call related to work as he said. But the male's face changed completely and he looked so annoyed, so frustrated.

"Jisung....."

Oh no. His voice.. it sounded so disappointed. He didn't even call him with any of the nicknames that he normally calls Jisung. He found out, didn't he? But how? Jisung made sure to not leave his phone in any open place  in the apartment, it's the only source where Perth might have found out. But what now? Is he mad? He sounded really disappointed in him just now.. So frustrated as well.. Will he finally leave him just like how the others did-

"God.. I'm so sorry Hanji... my manager said that I'm going to shoot a new crime series somewhere..- I still don't know where... I've promised you to stay with you during your hiatus but i-... I'm so sorry.... I'm so disappointed in my myself for not being able to keep my promise.. gosh this is so unfair!"

Oh.

So it wasn't because of him.. oh how the sweet words and gentle voice was only making his heart ache more. He never liked to lie to his bestfriend, who knew him from head to toe. It felt like he was doing something wrong.. maybe it is wrong. But back to what Perth said, he couldn't help but be so angry with himself when he heard that the male is feeling that way because of him. He shouldn't be thinking that way. It's Jisung who should be disappointed in himself. He should tell him the truth. He feels so much shame that he's just staying there in his bestfriend's apartment even if he knows that he is doing something wrong.

"No.. Phi, don't say that. It's ok. I'll be fine, I promise..."

He wasn't sure if he was trying to reassure Perth or himself. It's like he's trying to make himself believe that he will be ok without his bestfriend by his side, that he'll be fine if he has another panic attack on his own, that he'll be ok if he has another breakdown alone, that he'll be ok if his thoughts and anxiety get the best of his mind.

Without Perth to distract him from his problems, he will go back to thinking about them, about their words and how much it hurt him. He's still not sure if he wants to leave. No matter all the shattering they've done to him, he can't bring himself to hate them. Maybe just mad at them, but not the point where he hates them. He might have thought when he was still furious and angry back then that he actually hates them and wanted to be away from them as much as possible. But now that he calmed down in his bestfriend's arms, he realised it was just his anger issues that made him think like that.

Unconsciously silent tears were falling from his eyes. Even if he sends Perth away to do what he loves and what he's best at, he won't handle the absence of his bestfriend. No matter if he prefers for Perth to value his work more than him, it will always break his heart that something is more important to Perth than him. The male wasn't surprised with the new wave of strong emotions that fell on Jisung. He just embraced his bestfriend tightly while rubbing his back and arms from the cold.

"It's ok, Sung. I will call you every minute that I'm free.. And remember they still didn't send me the details or even where or when we're going to start the shoot, and I didn't sign any contracts yet.... There's still time to spend together, Sungshine"