To Be Loved. CHAPTER FOURTY-EIGHT

Thinking life would be simple after my first escape from the Hunters was foolish, but I never expected to be brought into the most insane series of events. After taking so much energy from crying, exhaustion fills my body. Not only am I physically fatigued but I'm mentally drained as well.

I close my eyes and nuzzle myself in a pair of warm, secured arms; the ones I believed I'd never have around me again. Ignoring the desperate circumstances we are in, having his body against mine is magical after being apart for days. If I could stay this way for the rest of my life, comfortable and content I would.

All of my anger has been washed away and my breathing has calmed but I remain in place, not wanting to face reality yet. The room is filled with silence, it's peaceful but not for long.

Somebody goes through doors, rushing through this side of the building on the first floor. Outside in the hallway I can hear Queen Angelina telling Romi to respectfully send Leddy and Abe back home.

They agree that they must keep the outsiders away in order to maintain peace within Dibbly and prevent exposure of Perry and Nenook. They're right that word can't get out, but my friends will keep to themselves when they're presented with a professional matter.

I sit up with the urge to defend the twins, blinking around to gather my senses. Removing myself from Perry becomes more difficult than I thought and he holds be back for a brief moment.

When he releases me I'm covered in cold chills, but still decide to get to my feet carefully. I gesture for the door and without asking he follows as I swing it open.

Immedietly Queen Angelina is giving me a slight bow, "My young darling, it is great to know you are safe. Please feel free to find solace in our home."

Without warming I feel uneasy and give her a small smile. Abe and Leddy must have told one of them what happened while I was gone.

I glance at Perry who stands beside me. He knows nothing of the occurrence at the Hunters base or the loss of my sister. I feel my eyes start to water so I hide my face from him, not feeling like I have the courage to tell.

I change the subject quickly and hide my trembling hands by clasping them together, "You can't send Leddy and Abe home."

"We must." The Queen replies with a careful, gentle voice, "They could risk the exposure of the Princes arrivals to the public."

Instantly I'm in a panic, "They'll do everything you say, protect anyone and anything they're instructed to."

She steps forward placing a soft palm on my shoulder, "They have been working vigorously, they need a break sometime and that time is now. I have declared to keep guests and outsiders away until we've decided how to announce the arrivals of my nephews, we already risk it with our staff here in the castle."

She lifts her palm from me and I'm silent not wanting to argue any further.

She continues, "Now that Abe and Leddy have defeated the Hunters..." Perry grabs ahold of the side of my arm, overcome with joy, "How come you didn't tell me?"

I look at him, "Because I was there."

His face goes blank, a coldness fills his cheeks as he's shaken to the bone with some type of disturbance I can't fully comprehend. He gestures for his aunt, "My apologies."

She smiles back at him, "Shall we announce your arrival to Dibbley?"

Given it's the only opportunity he can he nods ever so slightly. He is not confident that he wants to be exposed. I know he's unsure, I could see it from a mile away.

"We will call the townspeople to the front steps and we will make the announcement with you and Nenook by my side. But we can not do this until we are secured and feel no threat of conflicts."