Meeting The Master. CHAPTER FOURTY

An agonizing last night with Perry has gone by in an almost silent, but intense matter. My little social skills I've learned have seemingly gone out the window and I'm being internally smothered by the large group of vampires. I force my strong emotions back in fear the company around me will become suspicious of my attachment to the prince.

So, the whole morning I stay silent unable to consume my dinner steadily or peacefully. I stop engaging in any way possible, not giving a care in the world about what anybody thinks.

My head hangs low at the loss of Perry Donnan's freedom, a second chance revoked immedietly. A precious life has just been changed drastically, saddening me as if it's being discarded completely. I might as well think so, he's a slave who's existence could end in a heartbeat if his real masters wanted.

When dinner has finished my sorrow builds hearing the vampires around me reminding Perry to say goodbye to them when we awake this evening. When his chair scrapes agaisnt the floor beside me my stomach drops as if I was falling off a cliff.

Afraid he'd retreat to bed alone I don't make eye contact with those extravagant green sapphires that I may never gaze into again after tomorrow. Now truly experiencing an uncertain future, I try not to cry watching Perry staring at me. I don't part my lips until I'm asked if I'd like to go on a private walk with Perry.

"Sure." My voice is cold, recalling how I'd upset him the last time we were alone.

Once we're no longer in the presence of the Elder Vampires, and walking the safety of the courtyard he engages, "I apologize for yesterday evening. Breakfast didn't go exactly how I'd planned."

Tears sting my eyes, "It's not your fault."

He stops in his tracks, looking at a plant in the garden for a while. It's flowers are almost ready to bloom, slightly opening at the top and revealing the tip of a little red petal.

Perry turns around slowly and when I meet his pale face my tears come full force.

"Can we go to my room to talk about this?" He suggests.

I nod, allowing him to guide me in the direction of the little staircase off the side of the courtyard. Although we've been here a few days that doesn't mean I know my way around, and secondly we've been having to hide so we take the less busy hallways and stairwells.

After a few minutes of a silent rush to the Royal Quarters, we make our way inside Perry's bedroom without being stopped by any castle servant. As the door clicks shut I realize my tears are still strong, and blurring my vision. I look down at my shoes, not settling on a seat or the bed.

I start, "If I wasn't so convinced you'd be safer here you wouldn't be in this situation right now."

I break down, covering my face so he can't see the uncontrollable tears streaming down my hot cheeks.

"We didn't know," His voice is so soft I can't imagine a man could be so gentle. "You better not be blaming yourself for this Elenor because you and I both know you had good intentions to save me. And for that I'll anyways thank you."

I revome my hands from my face and rub the tears with the palm of my hand, still keeping my head low. I feel embarrassed.

"It's unfortunate this happened this way, but I'll forever be linked to you. You're legally not my master but when I'm free I'll devote the rest of my days to you."

He makes me laugh, feeling truly valued for the first time in my life, "It's just that I imagined our parting to be bittersweet," My voice shakes as I speak. "I was thrilled to set you free. I never thought the opposite would happen to you."