A Royal And A Sence Of Love In The Air. CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

My body feels faint, and I grip the servants wrist harder to support my wobbling body. He looks down at me, blinking ever so elegantly as if he was a royal subject; as if I should be the one attending to him and his wounds.

"Milady..." He pulls me closer to him, catching me before I fall. My chest hits his and I'm knocked out of breath. I can feel his heartbeat pounding against his chest, it's so real I almost forget he's a vampire.

He doesn't sound so dead to me...

"You are not well, let's sit." I breathe, suddenly in sync with his lungs.

I shake my head, "No, no."

Upstairs I hear Abe, "It's Koda."

With the sound of my brother's name I push away from the servant, he doesn't protest but follows me as I stumble for the staircase. I take a step up the wooden stairs, but can't balance on my own; placing myself on all fours.

Luke flips the chandelier on above us as I climb, it's light shimmers against the wood of the stairs and railing. Halfway up I acknowledge the vampire on my heels, but he disregards the fact that I shouldn't be walking at all.

An urge of adrenaline surges through my body when my eyes catch the thick railing. I decide to pull myself up to grab the smooth wood with both palms. I need to get up there now!

"Please, you will injure your leg more!" The servant finally speaks but doesn't touch me.

My throbbing leg is the least of my worries when my brother could possibly be dead and someone else could be upstairs hiding. Two thirds up the stairs I become dizzy, my confidence fading. My legs give out on me but the man grabs ahold on me with the blink of an eye.

"Let me go!" I cry out, suddenly tears beginning to stream from my cheeks. I hear one drip onto the wood below my shaking legs.

"Let me help you, I am your servant." He speaks gently.

"My brother! Koda!" I point towards the door that goes into the second corridor of the home.

Instantly Luke is running up to me and the servant. He passes us within seconds, skipping so many steps I worry he will trip. Once I'm to the top my servant grabs ahold of me once more but Luke is already running down the upstairs hallway.

I begin doing the same fighing away from the man, but he scoops me up and within a millisecond we are inside the big bedroom at the end of the hall. I blink, in shock looking around in a complete blurr. Luke comes in behind us, out of breath while Leddy and Abe stand in front of us.

How did we move so fast?

I freeze against the vampire's warm chest, seeing a heap of a person I didn't before. My brother lays lifelessly on the floor, sprawled out with his face against the carpet. I can only see the back of his head but the concerning matter is that his body is covered in dried blood.

I start smacking my servants chest, "Put me down! Put me down now!"

He abides and once my feet are firmly planted on the ground I try to spin around but once more my leg gives out. I panic forward, seeing red specks of blood dripped on the white carpet. Koda's shoulder and neck are covered in a thick red.

My body feels hot and I hold my breath as the rest of the room is yelling at each other. I can't comprehend what is going on, still feeling dizzy. My head feels like a balloon, growing bigger and top heavy. I feel faint, but before my balance goes two arms hold me around my weist.

Luke slips past us, pushing Abe out of the way and grabbing ahold of Koda. He flips him over, revealing his intact face and chest. Blood had dripped down Koda's shoulder to his chest and soaked into his clothing.