Here Comes The Star. CHAPTER FOURTY-NINE

Ear curdling screams spook me awake, where I find myself already sitting up in a cold sweat. I'm filled with disorientation and panic, having a blank mind and seeing nothing but darkness. I'm in dissaray, breathing heavy and wondering where that sound came from.

My hand moves around to feel fluffy blankets overtop of me, a material I'm not used to. I'm not locked away, where I used to be awoken at night by sounds just like this. I shiver, those sleepless nights alone still haunt me.

When my hand brushes a warm, bare shoulder, I begin to gather my senses at the familiar tingle of a touch. My memories of accompanying this beautiful blond prince in his lavish bed. He's undisturbed, entirely sound asleep; causing me to assume the yells were only a nightmare of mine, yet I have no recollection of it.

My initial reflection of existence is the reality of the loss of life, the disturbing loss of my sister. My mind goes into a spiral, causing my body to feel unwell immedietly. The images are so fresh that I'm curling up in a ball automatically.

I picture the river of blood on the floor, then Jane, backtracking through time. The eerie voice of the Head Hunter is strong in my mind. I find myself hyperventilating, tears and whimpers escaping before I can comprehend they're existence. That evil man terrorizes me to the core, living on through my memories. The man is dead but still seems a threat to me.

"My love?" A soft voice catches my ear, ringing as if an angel was calling to me.

I studder trying to speak but find myself unable to unlock my jaw. I sniffle uncontrollably trying to hold back my sobs.

"I'm right here, let me hold you."

He wraps his arm around my back, and changing his position to let me lean on him. His other hand goes for my collarbone, as he rubs me gently. His scent is just as intoxicating as it was when we had our talk before bed, it nearly distracted me.

I shouldn't be in here! I'm risking others knowing we're spending the night together. We made an agreement and have already slightly broken it!

Waiting for everything around us to settle is our choice, which means whatever we have right here must be kept between us. We have to stay private, or at least until his lifted banishment is announced to the public.

But after everything this relationship between us is still not defined, we are just us and I don't mind that. Personally I don't think either of us can comprehend it, let alone to each other. We're just drawn to each other, like something high above is tugging at the strings making us come together. When we're together we don't want to be even a few rooms away, and we end up going everywhere together.

The safety in this is comforting, it's alluring. But in the back of my mind there's no question about if I'm choosing to stay or not. I've already declared to myself that I'm not adimate to leave anytime soon, and I'd be pleased to live the night life of a vampire if that means I can be beside Perry.

Out of no where I'm hearing yelps once more, struggling and banging. Appalled, noticing the sounds are not in my head I stumble out of bed and yank the blankets off of Perry. They fall to the floor in a heap following me as I take steps around the end of the bed, bumping into the seat at the end.

It's pitch black, and I struggle around the room in search of the door. I step over the blanket that was stuck around my ankle but before I can move to the door Perry is swiftly to my side.

He's awoken fully, "Everything's ok."

I shove past him, speechless and confusion masks any of my common sence. I continue onward to the door but as I reach in an attempt to find it, I'm bumping into Perry's chest. He grasps my shoulders firmly, "What is going on?"