You Were Just a Child

Trigger warning ⚠️

Wednesday POV

"Hey wens now that I think about it I've never met your father. Why's that?". My breath hitched as all the small memories of my father flooded in. "Your mother always says he's away on a trip or something like that?" I shook my head disagreeing with my mothers excuse "my father went missing years ago and the only way my mother can cope with that is by convincing herself that he'll be home soon" she frowned at my statement "oh—I'm sorry I asked" I let a small smile show. "You're my fiancé aren't you? You are allowed to ask questions'' she stood up from the couch walking towards me. She wrapped her arms around my neck. I flinched at the sudden show of affection but relaxed into her touch. "So.. I'm allowed to ask questions?" I nodded leaning into her "why don't you allow any of our guy friends to get close to the kids?" my breath hitched "i just don't agree with that" she pulled away and grabbed both my hands holding them in hers in a comforting way. "W–what– did yoko tell you?" I asked nervously "did someone hurt you?" i looked down "i–it was more than that".

"W-who was it?" she asked me with such care in her voice.

"A friend of my fathers, my father asked a friend of his to watch over us before he disappeared, he left us with that monster just to disappear to who knows where!" I was pissed as all those pitiful memories came back to me.

"H–how old were you?" she asked with tears in her eyes.

"I was eleven years old" she looked down at the floor trying to contain her tears.

"What about your mother? Maybe she didn't know" i shook my head 'no' "after my father left, my mother stopped being herself i looked after her and my siblings and i protected them in the best way i could—i–i–never told them about the incident". It all went quiet.

"I hate my father for that, he left us alone with that monster" I said with anger in my voice. "I would scream for him to stop but... I soon learned that screaming for help only made it worse" she sat down on the couch.

"Worse?" I looked down as tears started to build up in my eyes. "Why are you asking all this? Why does it matter?"

No one's POV

Enid frowned at that, there was so much pain in her voice. "You've been bottling down all these emotions for fourteen years Wednesday you're hurting and you know it!" Wednesday looked up shocked, finally after so many years of bottling all her feelings. She fell to her knees sobbing letting out all of her pains. Enid reacted almost immediately, hugging her tightly "all my father told me before he left was to be strong so I was—I-I am!" Enid pulled back a bit cupping her face "Wednesday you were a child we weren't meant to be strong, you were meant to be protected" Wednesday completely broke at those words she grew up being forced to be strong it never hit her that she was just a child.

A few hours later

Wednesday managed to calm down before the kids came home from school. They were now cuddling on the couch talking about the past. "Babe... I'm so sorry you had to go through that"

"It's over—it doesn't matter anymore" Enid frowned at that answer "Wednesday you're hurting in the inside trauma doesn't just heal in an instant it takes time" the dark haired girl smiled slightly "mi amor you and the kids are everything to me as long as I have y'all I know I'll be okay"

———————————-

Hope you guys enjoyed-I was too tired to read over it sorry about that 🥲