I'll Be Back

Wednesday POV

I walked through the door of my girlfriend's apartment, I just picked up the mail from the lobby management. As i'm looking through it I noticed a government paper addressed to Enid. I opened the envelope and read through it slowly. I felt my blood run cold. It read...

Dear, Ms. Enid sinclair

The reason for this document is to inform you that we are in desperate need of recruits for the upcoming war, and since your father was in the army, the president has given us permission to ask family members to join by will or by force. So by law you or anyone living in your residence must be immediately deployed to fight for the safety of our country. Thank you for your time and please make sure that you are ready to be picked up by four o'clock this upcoming friday.

I took a deep breath gathering my thoughts. If I let Enid go into this war, she is most likely to get herself killed for sure.she works at a puppy shop, anyone in her residence?. I guess it has been decided then. I'll be going to her place. I took a seat on the couch still thinking. This is ridiculous– what's wrong with this government? Just because her father fought doesn't mean she has to– why now?... Wait, what's today? I pulled my phone out from my pocket, checking the date–it's Thursday, the deployment is tomorrow. Dammi!.

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm home!" I walked out of our room into the living room looking over the kitchen counter to see her putting away some groceries. "Mi Amor, can we talk? After you're done with that of course" I said in a calmer tone then my usual emotionless one. "Uh yeah, what about?" I took a breath. "I'm going on a trip for a little while" she seemed a bit puzzled "okay.. How long is this trip? And when are you leaving" i took a deep breath "i'm unsure of how long the trip will be, i'll be leaving tomorrow morning" she took in a shaky breath "can i know what the trip is about? Why are they going to be gone for so long?"i looked down at my feet " i got a letter from the government that due to the Addams ability in combat they require a family member to go into war and i can't give you a date on when i'll be back" tears rolled down her face as she quickly ran into my arms hugging me tightly. "Just–just please make it back" I pulled away from her and cupped her face in my hands. "Mi vida i promise you that i'll be back okay?" she nodded as she hugged me tighter, crying with her face nuzzled in the crock of my neck. I hugged her tighter, letting her cry it out. I let a single tear roll down my cheek as the thought of never being able to seeing her again came to mind. "Mi vida just remember that i love more than anything else okay? I'll do my best to come back to you okay?" she nodded as she walked back to our room.

She's going to hate me for this... but I would never forgive myself if she were to die on my watch. I have to make it back no matter what– I swear.

I walked into our room and saw her laying down in pure silence. She's usually on her phone or watching tv. "Ready for bed Amor?" she nodded, patting the spot next to her. I layed down next to her, allowing her to snuggle into me. I wrapped my arms around her staring at the ceiling thinking "please come back– Alive please" i kissed her forehead "ill manage dont worry" she smiled a bit, it was small but it was there "i love you" i felt a small smile break lose "i love you more" she nuzzled closer to me. I soon heard light snores in the silent room. I kissed her head falling asleep soon after.

—————————————————-
I know it's short but I hope you guys enjoyed