Chapter 9-Travelling to the Leaf

(Enjoy all the fanart I found!)

Shanna POV

It's been so long since I've seen my friends and Naruto in the Leaf Village. I have a class picture, so I can remember their faces. The Sand Siblings and Baki-sensei met I private and said not to come with them, so I was perfectly content to wander around the village and help out. But one day, Baki-sensei called me and the Sand Siblings and said to meet up. We got their and he shared some exciting news.

"We are going to the Leaf Village for the Chunin Exams," Baki-sensei informed us.

"YAY! I CAN FINALLY MEET MY FRIENDS AGAIN!" I yelled, literally bouncing off the walls.

I was very tempted to hug Baki-sensei, but then he grabbed me by the shoulders and sat me down on a chair.

"Okay, okay, calm down now, Shanna. Temari, Kankuro, Gaara, you all know why we're going, correct?" He said

"Obviously to become Chunin," I said, oblivious to the actual reason.

"No, we're not," Kankuro said, chuckling. "We have a different mission, but don't you worry, Shanna, you won't be involved."

I just shrugged and continued to talk about all my friends at the Leaf Village, unaware that I was giving them all the information about them.

"Wait, you guys probably aren't interested in my friends, are you?" I asked, my voice a bit low.

"No, no, keep going," Temari said, leaning forward.

"That's enough chat. We leave in an hour," Baki-sensei said.

I ran as fast as I could to tell my brother the news. He chuckled and said that he had some information on how the Chunin Exams were gonna go.

"First, there'll be a written test," He started.

"Next, it's some sort of team survival thing. I don't know exactly," He continued.

"Finally, there will be matches where two people fight until one dies, or the other accepts defeat." He finished, and I nodded along.

"Of course, this is what I've learned and it might not be true, as all Chunin Exams aren't the same, so be on your toes in case I'm wrong." My brother warned.

Yay, I'm so excited about this! I finally get to see Naruto and Sakura and Ino, and... ugh.... Sasuke.

"Thanks Shinko, your the best. You better come watch me kick some ninja ass." I said, an intense aura surrounding me.

He ruffled my hair. "Of course I would. What gentleman brother wouldn't come to their beautiful little sister's event." He said, a proud and playful look on his face.

I smacked his hands and face away, laughing at him. I went to my room to get ready. Here goes nothing, I guess. Better be prepared, Sasuke. I hope you're ready to take on the most badass kunoichi ever.

《○~●🐉●~○》

I wish I had Amethyst right now. Trudging through the desert on foot is tiring and annoying. I'm glad I wore calf-length boots so sand doesn't get in my shoes. I started grumbling, and Gaara decided to float on his sand so he was comfortable. I mentally smacked my forehead at how clueless I could be sometimes. I also crested a floating crystal platform, and Gaara got at least 10 feet away from me.

"C'mon Gaara, don't be shy. I don't bite." I said, and Gaara didn't even look in my direction. Rude.

I then created three more for Kankuro, Temari, and Baki-sensei. We went a lot faster on those than on foot. When we made camp, we traveled a little more than a third of the way, which is better than on foot. I still had my crystal, so I didn't have to sleep on sand.

《○~●🐉●~○》

I'm going to kill myself. If the sand doesn't, I will. We've been traveling for another day, so we're almost there. I can't believe that it takes THREE DAYS to get from the Sand Village to the Leaf Village. We were in the forest, and I felt so happy, although I couldn't use my crystal.
Baki-sensei said I had to move on foot so no one knows about my crystal powers, even though my Konoha friends know about it. Of course, there are other people from different villages, so I see his point. I saw the gates of Konoha, and I booked it. I ain't waiting, nor do I care about my team. I finally ran through the gates, and I felt so at home.

"YES! I'M BACK BABY!" I yelled so loud that I woke up the gatekeepers.

"Is that who I think it is?" Izumo said, standing up.

"Yup, that's Shanna alright," Kotetsu said, chuckling.

"Izumo, Kotestsu! I'm back, can you believe it?" I said excitedly as I jumped around.

"I believe it alright," Izumo said.

The rest of my team shortly arrived, with Gaara not even acknowledging anyone. He's definitely got a problem with everyone who encounters him. I guess trauma does that to you. Baki-sensei talked with the gatekeepers, saying that they we were here for the Chunin Exams.

"How's the Sand Village Shanna?" Izumo asked, leaning forward.

"It's boring, no offense, you guys," I said quickly. "All we do is sleep, eat, mission, repeat." I said as we got our passes for the Leaf Village.

"Not necessarily, Shanna," Baki said.

"Feels like it," I muttered.

《○~●🐉●~○》

After a while, we got to the place we were gonna stay until the Chinin Exmas were over. It felt just like my old house. I dropped off my stuff and ran out to find my friends. I found all 12 of them, how convenient, eating a picnic together.

"Mind if I join?" I asked, and everyone shot their heads up and stared at me.

Before I knew it, Naruto had tackled me to the ground and started hugging me.

"You're back, Shanna! I've missed you so much!" Naruto said as I got up.

"Yes, I am Naruto, for the Chunin Exams," I said, and everyone else gathered around me.

I showed off my Suna headband in the place of my Konoha one, and Sasuke huffed.

"Seems you've switched loyalties quite fast, Shanna," he said, with a grin.

"I still have my Konoha one at home, and I had no choice but to change my loyalties." I said, glaring at him.

All the girls gave me a group hug, and everyone but Sasuke and Neji joined in. Someone pulled them both in, and it was so much fun. I sat down and joined their picnic, and Kakashi arrived.

"Kakashi-sensei! Shanna's here!" Naruto said, running up to the jonin.

"I see that Naruto." He replied and walked over to me.

"I don't believe we've met. I'm Kakashi Hatake, and I was going to be your sensei," He informed me.

I shook his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kakashi-sensei," I said, and then Baki-sensei came.

"Shanna, we have to go now," He said curtly, and him and Kakashi shared a tense staredown.

"Okay, see you guys later," I said, getting up and standing next to Baki.

"Bye." The chorus of my friends bode me farewell.

《○~●🐉●~○》

I got back to the place we were staying and flopped onto my bed. Oh man, hopefully this Chunin Exam takes a while so that we can stay here for a while, I thought to myself. I went to bed, hoping for the best.

Hello, my hatchlings, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Shanna got to see her friends again! How exciting! How do you think the Chinim Exmas will go? Read to find out. Hehehe. Stay happy and healthy, my beautiful hatchlings.