Chapter 12-The Forest of Death

(I also don't know how to feel about this)

Narrator POV

Shanna is about to enter the Forest of Death. She hasn't been in a forest ever since she was five, which is when her mother died. Shanna is trying to hold it together for her team.

Shanna POV

Crap, we're going into a forest. This isn't good. Calm down Shanna, it's just a forest, and you'll only be in it for five days. Kankuro had filled me in on everything while I was asleep for the better part of the waiting time.

"Shanna, are you alright? You're looking a bit nervous," Temari said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I jumped, having been too deep in thought to notice her.

"Yes, I'm fine," I said quietly.

Temari didn't look convinced, but she left it at that. I took a deep breath and got ready to go in.

The gate opened, and we all dashed in, with my fear ever mounting. I know I might be sounding like I'm overreacting, but I'd like to see how you feel after your mother died in front of you in a forest and you're going back into one that's literally named the Forest of Death.

"Five days in here, just cheerful," I muttered under my breath.

《○~●🐉●~○》

We found our first team, and Gaara looked insane, well, more insane than he normally is. I found a bunny and chased it.

"Come back, bunny!" I yelled, unaware of the scene that was unfolding behind me.

The bunny jumped into a bush, and I followed suit, finding Kiba and his team.

"Your teammate's insane Shanna!" Kiba whisper-yelled at me, and I saw Akamaru shaking.

I gently patted Akamaru as I replied.

"Yeah, he is, but I'm used to it," I said, looking at Kiba.

"Shanna, get back here. We've got our Heaven scroll. It's time to leave," Kankuro yelled.

I nodded and waved goodbye before catching up with Temari.

"I'm glad you didn't see and hear what Gaara did," Temari whispered.

I looked at her puzzled. I didn't hear anything or see anything as I was too busy with Kiba. I shrugged, and we made it to the center tower without any difficulties. Then I realized we actually had to stay in the tower for five days.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" I yelled. "WE HAVE TO STAY HERE INSTEAD OF LEAVING!"

I let out a huff and sat down as everyone else made themselves comfortable.

《○~●🐉●~○》

I'm going to kill myself. It's been a whole half a day, and if Gaara doesn't kill me, the boredom will. It was nighttime, so you wanna know what my idiotic brain said? Hey, let's go explore a forest that's filled with enemy ninjas, plants, and animals that can kill you! I got up and quietly jumped out the window. My anxiety went up, but I wasn't gonna be a coward and die of boredom in the tower. I made a trail of crystal so I could make my way back as I explored.

《○~●🐉●~○》

After a long time of exploring, the sun started to rise. I quickly made my way back and sat down, a bit tired from all the walking and some running and jumping. I looked up and realized there were other teams. It was the second day, and about 4 other teams were here. Gaara glared at them, but he didn't kill them, I don't know why, though. I decided to take a nap because why the hell not?

《○~●🐉●~○》

I woke up to Temari standing over me with some food, making me eagerly get up. After we ate the food, of which its origins are unknown, I decided to explore and wander around outside.

"Be careful Shanna, you can still be attacked," She warned.

I nodded and jumped out the window like any normal human being does. She's so motherly to me, and I do enjoy it, even though she is a bit stern sometimes. Though I would never expect what happened when I went exploring today...

Hello, I'm sorry for not posting. Writer's block sucks. Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter, and don't forget to stay happy and healthy, my beautiful hatchlings.