Chapter 18-Retreat and Meet

Narrator POV

As the battle raged on between Shukaku, Naruto, and Chief Toad, Shanna lay unconscious and bleeding on the forest floor. Soon, Naruto claimed victory, and both him and Gaara fell down to the forest floor. After Naruto spoke with him, Temari and Kankuro arrived.

Temari POV

We found Gaara, and we helped him up. We started looking for Shanna, and we found her unconscious and bleeding nearby.

"Be careful, Kankuro. She's hurt," I said as Kankuro picked Shanna up.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," He replied.

Kankuro carried Shanna on his back while I helped Gaara. After a moment of silence, Gaara broke the silence.

"Temari, Kankuro. I'm sorry," He said quietly.

I looked at him, shocked. Kankuro was equally as surprised but soon replied. "Don't worry about it," Kankuro said.

As we traveled home, I knew that Shanna would be mad with us. I knew we should've told her, but I didn't think it would've been a good idea. I let out a quiet sigh, hoping Shanna wouldn't be too mad.

《○~●🐉●~○》

We were back in the Sand Village, and all got our wounds tended to. Shanna was in the hospital for a lot longer than we were, and I was worried.

"I hope Shanna will be okay," I said as we waited in the waiting room.

"Yeah, her injuries were pretty bad," Kankuro said, letting out a big sigh.

Gaara was quiet, not saying anything. I wonder what he's thinking about, I thought. A nurse soon came to us and said we could go in. I was the first one in, followed by Kankuro, Gaara, and surprisingly, Baki.

"Shanna! You're okay!" I yelled as I ran to her.

She looked at me, not saying a word before turning away and staring out the window.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I heard her say.

Shanna POV

How could they hide this from me? I'm their teammate, and while I am from the Leaf Village, I wanted to know beforehand. I heard Kankuro grumbling about something.

"We didn't want you to interfere and try to stop us," Gaara interjected in his usual monotone voice.

I glared at him. "Well, it would've been nice to know. Maybe I would've gone along with it," I replied back, slightly angry and frustrated.

Kankuro POV

Man, why am I in the middle of this? I want to go home. I sighed before approaching Shanna.

"Listen, I know that you're mad at us, and that's fine. You have all the right to, but just don't get yourself hurt again. You're my teammate, and I care about you," I said, surprising even myself with that statement.

Shanna turned around, and she also looked surprised. "Wow, I wasn't expecting that to come out of you," She remarked.

"Just don't get hurt again!" I yelled at her before storming out.

Shanna POV

I looked at Baki-sensei, and he also looked regretful. "The reason we did this is because the wind daimyo had cut our military budget and sent a lot more missions to the Leaf. We had made an alliance with the Sound to try and get our village back on its feet," He explained.

I nodded along, finally understanding, though I still was a bit peeved. "But why was the Kazekage at the Leaf Village then?" I asked.

Baki-sensei looked away, a sudden solemn look on his face. "The Kazekage was assassinated before the Chunin Exams by Oruchimaru," He said. "We discovered his body in the desert a few days ago,"

I was shocked. The same person who came after me, I thought as I remembered our battle.

"We've apologized to the Leaf Village, and they've accepted it, and now we're in an alliance with them, although it is a bit shaky," He said.

I smiled and I became really excited. "Does that mean I get to visit my friends all the time?" I asked.

Baki-sensei chuckled. "Yes, but you have to have permission and be escorted by a jonin," He said.

I feet so excited. I could see Naruto again.

《○~●🐉●~○》

It's been almsot a week since I've woken up, and Temari and Kankuro have visited me in the hospital. I even got a letter from my sister Shinkami telling me about the Leaf Village and how Naruto misses me, even though it's only been two weeks since we've seen each other. She also told me that Shinko and Shima were coming, but she didn't tell me why. I sighed, setting the letter on the bedside table. Always the cryptic one, sis, I thought as I stared out the window.

《○~●🐉●~○》

I was finally discharged from the hospital a few days later, and it felt so good to walk again.

"I feel like I've been in there forever," I said, stretching my arms.

"Well, you certainly needed to," Temari replied.

I huffed and looked away, but not before smiling at her. I soon got home, where Shinko and Shima were waiting for me.

"Shinko! Shima!" I yelled, hugging the both of them.

"It's been so long since I've seen you," Shima replied in her usual soft tone.

I compared our heights. "Dang it, you're taller than me," I whined.

She chuckled. "Well, I am older, but I'm sure you'll be taller than me," She said, comforting me.

"Yeah, yeah. Once you're taller than someone, you stay taller," I said. (Little do you know, Shanna)

"Anyway, we came here for a reason," Shinko interjected.

"What is it?" I asked, curious.

"Will you come back to the Himuko Palace?" He asked.

Hello, my hatchlings, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. School starts in a few days for me. So my already lazy bum not uploading is gonna be even more inactive. I also have volleyball practice, games, and tournaments I have to go to, along with high school and all the homework. Fun. Anyway, stay happy and healthy, my beautiful hatchlings.