Chapter 13-The Curse Mark

(Gaara is so cute in his Kazekage outfit.)

Shanna POV

It was the second day, and I'm already bored, so I went out to wander around the Forest of Death. I was just minding my own business when this weird dude, like, I don't know, appeared from the tree trunk. That's kinda creepy. I pulled out my swords and jumped back a little bit.

"Hello, little girl, I know what you want," He said.

"Yeah, for you to leave me alone," I said, stepping back slightly.

"You know who I am," He continued.

"No, I don't. I would recognize you if I knew you," I replied.

"I can give you anything you want," He said. He was getting on my nerves.

"Okay, then leave me alone. That's what I want," I said, turning to leave.

Suddenly, He rushed at me and tried to attack. I jumped out of the way and started attacking with my swords and crystals. But somehow, this ugly and slimey snake dude got past my attacks and defenses. He bit me on the neck, and I sunk to the ground in pain.

"I've given you a little gift, use it well, and come to me for more power," He said, disappearing into the tree.

I let out screams of pain as I put a hand to my neck where the pulsating pain was coming from. It felt like a thousand burning hot knives were being stabbed into my neck. I couldn't move or do anything. All I could do was curl up in a ball. Damn it, Shanna, you have to get back to the tower, I thought to myself as I tried to get up. I'm too vulnerable here, I thought, but I still couldn't get myself to move. I ended up passing out, and I hope no one finds me.

《○~●🐉●~○》

A few days later...

I finally woke up, and I found myself back in the tower, strangely enough. Kankuro was leaning against the wall, Gaara was staring out the window, and Temari was kneeled next to where I was laid on the floor.

"You're awake," Temari said as I struggled to sit up.

"Man, I'm sore," I said, rubbing my neck.

Thank goodness my shirt hid my neck pretty well, so I hope no one has seen the Curse Mark yet.

"What were you thinking?! Going out and getting yourself hurt," Temari scolded me, gently hitting me on the head with her fan.

"I was bored of being cooped up in here. What day is it?" I asked.

"It's the morning of the 4th day," She said.

Geez, I've been out for 2 days?! Man, that Curse Mark sure has a lasting effect. Speaking of that, I wonder if the proctor Anko knows.

"Do we have any food?" I asked.

"I think so. I'll check," Temari said and left me alone with the two boys.

Kankuro didn't say much to me,  which is unusual. He normally has something to say to me. Gaara didn't say much, either. Then again, he never does. Temari came back with some food, and I stayed in the tower and waited for a whole day until the round was over.

《○~●🐉●~○》

When the round finished, we were led to a door, and inside was this giant room with a message on the walk. I didn't really care for it, and instead, I watched as Kankuro and Temari opened the scrolls. Baki-sensei appeared, and I ran to him.

"Baki-sensei, I missed you. It was so scary in the forest," I whined, running and giving him a hug.

He tensed up and gently pulled me off of him. (Baki allows Shanna to goof off since she's not part of the Konoha Crush.) He then started to talk, and I zoned out. We were then led to this place with two hands making a jutsu sign. The Hokage was there, along with all the other Genin and some jonin.

"Welcome to the preliminaries," Hiruzen said.

Hello my hatchlings, how are you today? I did change this chapter a lot from the original, but I wanted Shanna to keep the Curse Mark for now. Stay happy and healthy, my beautiful hatchlings.