Bonus Chapter 2

Note: This chapter takes place the day after the Annual Summer Gala.

Brooks' POV

"Well, well, well, look who decided to finally pick up my FaceTime," I say when Nico appears on camera.

I'm just giving him shit, I wouldn't pick up my calls either if I was vacationing all around Europe with my girl.

"Sorry, man. Bella had me running around all day sight-seeing and shit. She's never been to Rome before, so I'm trying to make it extra special for her."

"You're a good dude," I tell him.

"Look what I got her," he proudly states before rummaging through the hotel safe.

He takes a seat back on the sofa and holds up a jewelry case with diamond chandelier-like earrings.

"Damn. Safe to say business is going well in the Bradford household," I joke before pausing and turning more serious. "Bella's going to love them, dude. They're beautiful."

"Thanks, man," he says, setting the box off to the side. "What's going on? I miss you." Nico then squints his eyes. "Where the fuck are you?"

I flip the camera onto my surroundings as I stay seated on the sand in front of the ocean.

"Ah, I fucking miss your beach, dude. You better not be throwing down hard without me," Nico says.

"You mean without my fucking wingman, my brother? Fuck no, man, never."

Nico laughs and I start laughing with him, but I soon quiet down, remembering that I called him for a reason.

I've been seeing a lot of Remi recently, and it's been fucking fabulous. I've never felt this way about someone before, and I don't want to fuck it up, so I need Nico's advice. He's in a healthy, stable, loving relationship, and I want that for me and Remi, even though we haven't spoken about our status yet.

I know that I want to be with her and only her. There is no other girl for me, but I don't even know how to approach the situation of asking Remi to be exclusive. I'm guessing she wants it to, too, but it's still a stressful conversation to have.

"Something on your mind, Brooks?" Nico asks. I just got so lost in my thoughts that I forgot he was still on the phone.

I run my fingers through my hair, taking a deep breath in. "Yeah," I say. "Not something, though. Someone."

Nico leans back on the sofa. "Ah, let me guess...does her name start with R and end with emi?"

I roll my eyes at his attempt to be humorous. "Yes, wiseass," I say and Nico chuckles. Nico's fully aware of the fact that Remi and I have been hanging out. Obviously, I've been catching him up on everything the second that it happens.

"What's up? What's going on?"

"Bella mention anything to you?"

He shakes his head. "I don't think Remi's told her anything yet."

That makes me feel...disappointed. I was hoping to hear otherwise.

"I really like her," I blurt out. Because I can't help it. My feelings for Remi are at an all-time high.

"I know you do, man."

"You do?"

"Yeah," Nico says. "I've known it for a while. A person doesn't tease someone the way you did Remi all those years without reason. You want her, man, it's obvious."

I pause, feeling the need to correct Nico. "I more than 'want' her, Nic," I say, but he goes silent, a look of shock plastered across his face.

"What's the look for?" I ask.

Nico shakes his head in disbelief. "I never thought that I'd hear you say those words about anyone," he remarks. And I'm not going to lie, hearing him say that kind of stings. Not because he's wrong, but because he's right. I never thought I'd say that about anyone either.

"Have you told her how you feel?" Nico asks, but I chew on my lip, feeling guilty that I haven't.

"That's not really my specialty," I say as though it's a reasonable excuse.

"Neither is you actually falling for someone, yet here we are."

I rake my fingers through my hair again. "I know, I know," I nervously state. "Help me out, bro. What do I do?"

"Just be honest. Remi's pretty stellar at seeing past someone's bullshit."

"I know. She's pretty stellar, period," I say, and Nico just smiles. "See, I'm fucking whipped. This is a disaster."

"It's not, Brooks," Nico calmly states. "It's actually pretty amazing. If there was ever a girl to change your playboy ways, I'd want it to be Remi Baker."

I glance down, closing my eyes shut as I process Nico's seemingly simple advice. "Okay," I say, looking back into the camera, repeating Nico's words with my thumb out. "Be honest. Anything else I should do?"

Nico's laughing again. "Nah, dude, you got this."

I let out a sigh of relief, my chest decompressing. It feels good talking to my homie. "Thanks, man. Give B a hug for me. Tell her I miss her."

"Will do, brother. Keep me posted on how things go with Remi."

"Yessir," I salute. "If all goes well, maybe we'll take them to Giovanni's when you and B are back."

"I'm game," he says, wagging a finger at me. "See, you're better at this than you think."

Yeah...here's hoping.