Chapter 3: Encountering The Charmer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{ENCOUNTERING THE CHARMER}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

The snapping of twigs and crunching of leaves brought me out of my frozen state.

The demon had no problem in announcing it's presence which gives the impression that it's not going to attack me as of now.

Because if it wanted to attack me, it would've already done so by now.

Gathering up the courage from all the cells I had in my body, I slowly turned around, preparing to face the demon behind me.

My eyes widened as soon as I took in his form, my lips parting slightly as I released a breath.

It was a man.

Not just any man but the most handsome male I had ever seen in my life of 18 years.

His well built body towered over my smaller form due to how tall he was than me. His brown hair laid shaggily on his head, the texture of those strands appearing silky as he tilted his head to the side, eyeing me curiously.

His amber eyes glowed brightly when they connected with mine, lips curling up to form an impressed smirk as he moved his eyes all over my body, making me feel self conscious.

He took a step towards me just as I took a subconcious step back, maintaining the distance between us. 

"A female human." He stated in a smooth voice that felt as refreshing as a soothing melody of a luring tune.

"What an absolute beauty you are." He easily complimented me while showcasing his perfectly aligned, white teeth in an innocent grin. His eyes seemed to sparkle more and more as he kept staring at me.

No one would look at this man and ever believe that it's a demon.

"A Charmer." I muttered, meant only for me to hear but by the expression change on his face, he heard it too.

"An intelligent one at that." He hummed, impressed.

He raised a hand towards my face, making me involuntarily flinch. My muscles tensed up when he took a strand of my (H/C) hair and twirled it round and round on his finger, eyeing it like an excited child would, after getting his favourite candy.

"So soft." He murmered.

I didn't pay much heed to any of his words, simply opting to ignore them. Charmers are known for their charm and the attractive aura they carry with themselves.

I remember what Grandma had told me about this kind.

"Charmers. They don't seem like it, but are actually a quite dangerous type of demons there are. Unlike the other predatory demons, charmers don't look for fear in their victims. They don't outright attack them physically.

"They attack the heart. Using one's most powerful as well as vulnerable emotion against themselves- Love.

"They are incredibly attractive looking, having this charming aura around themselves which attracts their victims towards them.

"They would give you all the love there was to offer in the world, make you feel so special that you can't help but fall for them. They'll have you wrapped around their finger, giving you everything you want and desire and then take it all away in the most cruel way possible, leaving you a hollow shell of what you once used to be."

"Do they kill their victims, grandma?"

"No child. They don't need to.."

"Why not?"