Chapter 8: Still Here

~~~~~~~~~~~~
{STILL HERE}
~~~~~~~~~~~~
_____________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

Still feeling sleepy, I somehow waltzed my way towards my classroom and plopped down on my seat.

Jenna will be taking off from school for a few days until her scars heal somewhat or we find an excuse to explain them.

I yawned as I stared out of the window, ignoring the murmers of gossip flying around me.

"Exactly! I could've never imagined that this was possible!" An annoyingly high pitched voice of my classmate rang through my ears.

"But it's Sylvia we're talking about! That bitch is crazy enough to do anything!"

Now that caught my attention.

So today's gossip contained Sylvia? I'm pretty sure we only have one Sylvia in our school.

What are they talking about?

Oh no. Did they figure out about-

"She said that there were no demons. I find that hard to believe."

"Yeah. How is that even possible? We know about so many people who went into the forest but never returned."

"Maybe they were just hunted down by wild animals? Maybe it's just the animals who reside in that forest and some rando rumoured about them being demons."

What the what?

No demons in the forest?

Just what did Sylvia tell these people?!

I knew that she absolutely craved popularity but this?

Lying about going into the forest and not finding any demons?

I guess it's better than revealing that we just freed two of them.

But no! Holy hell!

This will encourage more people to venture into the forest to truly see if it has demons in it or not.

Fuck fuck fuck!

This is bad. Really bad.

Just as I was about to curse the shit out of Sylvia in my mind, she entered the classroom in all her glory. Her steps reeking of confidence and authority.

The contrast between her and Jenna's personality is truly majestic.

"Oh look! There she is!"

The girls and even some guys surrounded her as if she was a queen stepped right down of her throne.

"Relax, everyone! I'll tell you everything!" Sylvia chuckled, relishing in the attention she was getting.

I got up from my seat to talk some senses into her brain. She's only going to make the situation worse.

"Is it true that there weren't any demons in the forest, Sylvia?"

"Yeah, tell us! Was it all just rumours?!"

"What all did you see in the forbidden forest? What was it like?"

"Were you not afraid?!"

"You're so brave, Sylvia!"

The excited chatter never ceased. Everyone was eager to eat up as much information as they could get.

Though the crowd, my eyes connected with Sylvia. I glared at her as she just ignored me.

"The forest was beautiful! It was truly magnificent, if you ask me." She started, the crowd quieting down as they strained their ears to listen each and every word that came out of her lying mouth.