Chapter 32: The Connection

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{THE CONNECTION}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

Reece was resting peacefully as he slept away on my bed, his head laying on my lap as I affectionately stroke his soft brown strands.

"He really cares for you." Kian observed as he stood against the wall beside me with his muscular arms crossed in front of his chest, amber eyes gazing fondly at me before flickering over to look at the innocent boy laying on my lap.

"He sure does." I sighed, recalling back to the memories of how much he was fretting over my injuries a few days back after that fight with Sylvia.

"You are the link between his human life and his life now as a demon." The Charmer stopped leaning on the wall as he pushed himself forward, before turning towards me.

His hand rose as his fingers caressed the skin on my cheek tenderly. Glancing up into his eyes, I was taken aback by the affection those beautiful irises reflected back at me. His lips curled up to form a gentle smile as he bent lower, face leaning closer to mine while his breath fanned my face, heat rising to my cheeks.

"How can anyone not love you?" He wondered as his face tilted before his lips made contact with mine, ever so softly. My breath hitched in my throat as I was overcome by a feeling of butterflies fluttering wildly around in my stomach, heart ready to beat out of my chest then and there.

He pulled back, chuckling at my expression before diving in to plant another tender kiss on my nose.

All of my thoughts went fuzzy and so did my heartbeat. I tried to say something, tried to break out of whatever this trance was, but found myself unable to.

And the words he said after, did not help in calming down my haywire going nerves at all.

"I think you've captured my heart, (Y/N)." He said with the most sweetest of smiles as that fond look of love never left his face.

"And I do not mind that one bit."

Overwhelmed. It was all I felt in this particular time frame. That look in his eyes, that smile of his, the sincerity of his words, it was all too overwhelming for me to bear with.

As conclusion to what he just said, he leaned closer to me once more, eyes shyly asking for permission as he dived in for yet another affectionate kiss on my lips, this time lasting longer.

"(Y/N) do you-" Cassius' voice abruptly stopped as I hastily pulled away from Kian, startling Reece out of his slumber with my sudden flinch.

With a burning hot face, I avoided to look into any of their eyes. Reece got up from my lap before turning around to face me, face painted in concern. He brought his palm up to touch my cheek, eyebrows furrowed in worry when he felt the hotness of my skin.

"Miss (Y/N), your cheeks are burning! Do you have a fever?!"

Don't expose me-

"Hey, Reece! Why don't you come out and show me what all animals you can turn into now? Let (Y/N) rest, hm?" Kian ushered him out of the room, deciding to just pick him up in his arms and leave instead when the boy tried to temporise.

Cassius stiffened and looked away when Kian passed by him, a small frown taking over his features. His fists were clenched as he seemed to be lost in the world of his own thoughts.

"Cassius?" My eyebrows furrowed. He didn't hear me at first but jerked up to look in my direction when I called out his name a second time, louder than before.