Chapter 40: The Mate Bond

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{THE MATE BOND}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

A/N: Before you proceed:

Δ Warnings-

>This is a longer chapter 😥

>This chapter contains 😳you know what😏

Please keep in mind that this was the first time I have written such a sexual scene so it might not be upto your expectations...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Onto the story ☞
______________________________________

Carter eyed the box warily, not too fond of the idea given by Damon. The Shaman just sighed, feeling tired as usual.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" The red head asked his teacher, giving one short glance to Zeph before looking back.

"We aren't sure but I feel like this is worth a try." The meiurer shrugged.

Carter opened his mouth to argue but was cut off by Zeph, "You are a half demon. Perhaps this curse could be undone by someone who's neither a human nor a demon."

"What if I got hurt instead? I could die for all we know considering this is no ordinary box." The half fire demon debated with his current companions.

"We wouldn't know unless you try, would we?!" Zeph snapped, the dark circles under his emerald green eyes more prominent than before. His hair weren't even combed today. They just laid in the form of a black mess on top of his head, going in all directions there were.

Damon kept a hand on the Shaman's shoulder, retracting immediately when his skin felt burnt upon the contact.

Right... Those beads around the Shaman's neck protected him from the demons. Despite working in this together and putting an amount of his trust in the demon, he still never removed those beads whenever he was around Damon.

So Damon decided to use his words instead. Turning towards Sophia's son, he assured him, "Nothing will happen to you, Carter, as you'll not be touching this box directly. We just want you to use your flames on it to see if it destroys the material. Once the box opens and we get the talisman, we can figure out how to break the curse." He explained.

"Fine. Alright." Carter heated up his hands, pointing his palms at the box as his skin ignited, engulfing his hands into two brightly burning balls of fire. "Let me try this." The orange fire shot out of his hands to directly hit the sacred box in front as it embraced the container into the burning warmth of its flames.

The fire from his flames illuminated on their faces, it's reflection clearly visible in all of their eyes as they waited patiently to see the results.

But when Carter put out his fire, letting his hands fall back by his side, disappointment filled their minds.

The box was as fine as it was before, appearing as if the fire never even touched it.

Zeph led out a depressed breath, mumbling something about more sleepless nights while Damon looked at him with sympathy.

"Well", Carter started, not heeding into Zeph's depression, "If I'm not needed anymore, I'd like to get going. There's someone mom and I really need to meet today."

"Who do you both need to meet?" Damon asked, arching an eyebrow.

But Carter didn't even need to answer him verbally for the mind reading demon to know that the person was actually-