Chapter 24: My Fault

~~~~~~~~~~
{MY FAULT}
~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, this happens.

This was just a six year old boy... Why did he have to be faced with such brutality?

A kid... Just an innocent little boy...

And now that I know what awaits his soul, I feel even more shaken up.

"I can't believe you, human! You really think I'd do something like that to a child?! Just who do you take me to be?!" Leon yelled at my face, his features twisted into emotions those of rage, shock and disbelief.

"Those were claw marks on his body, Leon! Claw marks! His organs were spilled out.. His heart was missing-"

"So what?! You think I killed that child and ate his heart?! Are you out of your damn mind?!"

I whimpered as I recoiled, hugging my arms around me to provide myself some self consolation.

The horrifying scene from this morning played in my mind.

Reece, a six year old boy was brutally tortured and then killed, his mangled body left on the road to rot and for all eyes to see.

Everyone was gathered around his dead body... Crying, terrified.. Angry.

"Reece! My baby! What happened to you?!" His mother wailed, holding his mutilated body close to her chest.

Covered in blood, with missing and half eaten organs... The sight wasn't any less than a horror film.

"You!" A woman pointed at me, her eyes sharp with fury. "Are you happy now?! This is what you wanted, right?!"

The way I took a step back when everyone else turned their anger towards me. "You wanted those demons to live with us! FOR THIS?! SO THAT THEY CAN KILL OUR CHILDREN LIKE THIS?"

"That creature didn't even show an ounce of mercy on this poor boy!"

"My Reece!.. Why did this happen to you, baby..." His mother's cries echoed around us. Reminding us of the horror we were met with.

"I.. I.. Didn't want this to happen..." I brokenly whispered..

"This is all your fault!"

"YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE IN REECE'S PLACE, YOU WITCH!"

"YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SAID THAT THOSE CREATURES WERE HARMLESS! NOW LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!"

"WHAT WOULD SHE KNOW HUH?! HER OWN PARENTS DIDN'T WANT HER!"

"I WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED A DAUGHTER LIKE HER EITHER!"

"Stop..." Tears spilled out of my eyes at those harsh words, my knees felt weak and I was so close to breaking down had Mr. Richards not come on time.

"DO NOT SPEAK ABOUT MY DAUGHTER LIKE THAT!" His unforgivable voice thundered.

"Since when is this witch your daughter, Damon?!"

"ONLY SHE IS TO BLAME! THIS IS ALL HER FAULT!"

"STOP!" I yelled before I passed out in my teacher's arms.

The overwhelming guilt became too much for me to handle. The brutal scene of Reece's dead body was the only thing I saw everytime I closed my eyes.

Mr. Richards fought with the people. Hearing about what took place in the town, Carter and Sophia didn't back down in having my back when they reached the scene. Both of them had rushed over to me as soon as my eyes opened.