Chapter 45: Not Cassius Anymore

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{NOT CASSIUS ANYMORE}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

ΔWARNING:

• CANNIBALISM
______________________________________

"You couldn't become any worse, could you, Areon?" Leon's voice lost all the weight it had in it. His head was spinning and his body screamed at him to do something to get it out of it's aching misery.

As much as a powerful demon as he was, he had his limits. His body healed his injuries, the bruises faded themselves and his scarred skin stitched itself back only to be met with the same torture again.

Demons, no matter what type, are capable of fully healing themselves unless the damage is within controllable boundaries because healing up severe wounds would consume more of their energy, something which was rapidly depleting in Leon.

Which is precisely why Areon would wait for his body to completely patch itself up before marring it again. He's waiting for it to become so weak that it won't be able to heal any of his injuries later on.

And communicating with (Y/N) through the connection ate up his lowering energy too, further lessening it.

'Atleast now she'll be fine.' He thought to himself. Talking to her also helped in soothing his own heart, making him forget about the crappy situation he was in even though only for a short while.

A sickening crack resonated off of the cave walls as Areon tore of the arm of the body he was currently feasting on. The scent of fresh blood and meat tingled his senses, driving his urge to gobble down the entire dead meat to go spiralling out of control.

"He was sneaking in food and water to you." Areon's teeth sunk into the flesh, drawing out more blood from the pierced veins as he greedily drank it all before tearing out a piece of flesh to bite down on it, chewing it.

"Two times!" Leon fell into a coughing fit, regretting screaming using his dry throat. "You cau-ght him the second time.." His voice came out scratchy.

Areon ignored his brother's words as he continued eating up the remains of Vin's body. "I'm still better than you." He commented. "Atleast I kill my prey before eating it."

Leon gritted his teeth, now feeling ashamed when Areon phrased it out to him. The Beast had been ruthless to numerous demons and humans in the past, his own build of resentment towards himself directed it's flow to those weaker and helpless in front of him.

But he has improved from that deranged, merciless old Leon he used to be when (Y/N) and Reece entered his life. The two of them finally gave him a purpose to live and thrive for.

***

"Can Areon just kill him already?! I'll do it myself if he waits to play around any longer!" The manipulator huffed, crossing her arms in front of her chest as she glared at nobody in particular.

"You know what fate would await you before you even have a chance to try." Sylvia tauntingly said, admiring the galaxy coloured hair the demon in front of her was blessed with.

"But what the hell is he waiting for?! To capture that human girl? Well, let's go and do it then!"

Sylvia's carefree eyes darkened in an instant at the mention of her former friend. Resentment and fury bubbled up inside her.

"You and I are so different, Myra." Sylvia said, "You loved your sister so much that you're willing to do anything to avenge her death." She scoffed.

"While I killed my own sister."