Chapter 36: Mine

~~~~~~
{MINE}
~~~~~~
_____________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

"(Y/N)?!"

The continuous and loud banging on my room door awoke me from my dreamless slumber. I realised that I'd fallen asleep against the door with my head resting on my crossed arms on top of my knees.

Rubbing my puffy eyes I tried to comb my hair with my fingers, sorting out the tangled knots in them. My back ached because of the poor posture I slept in, making me wince slightly.

"Open the door, (Y/N)! Or I'll just break it down!"

As I got up from the floor, my mind was still in a sleepy haze which slowly cleared out, reminding me of the event that took place last night.

I looked down at my feet as those same pathetic tears pooled in my eyes. I wiped them off but they just kept coming back again and again, as if to taunt me.

"I am serious, human! Open this damn do-"

"Let me try this, Leon."

"What would you do huh?!"

"...Unlike you, I don't need to wreck this door to get to her."

Why did I not realise the truth before? How could I let him play with me like that? Was I really that foolish? That easy to trick?

Someone suddenly appeared in front of me out of the shadows, but I didn't even flinch, already knowing who it was.

"(Y/N)?" A voice as soft as a melody and as loving as a mother's lullaby rang through my ears, making me look up from my fixed sight on my feet.

His luscious, pristine white hair blowed gently due to the wind being cast inside my room from the open windows, a few troubling strands falling over his eyes. His comforting brown eyes appeared to be as enthralling as looking at a night sky full of twinkinling stars.

And his smile... That sweet smile of his.

The smile which showcased perfectly about how genuine his emotions are. About how, he will always be there even if the whole world leaves me alone.

"...Cassius." My voice was nothing but a broken whisper. Everything I felt, felt so empty. As if there was nothing to feel at all.

"Charmers. They don't seem like it, but are actually a quite dangerous type of demons there are."

Grandma..

"They attack the heart. Using one's most powerful as well as vulnerable emotion against themselves- Love."

She had told me about this. She had already warned me about them... About him.

"They would give you all the love there was to offer in the world, make you feel so special that you can't help but fall for them. They'll have you wrapped around their finger, giving you everything you want and desire and then take it all away in the most cruel way possible, leaving you a hollow shell of what you once used to be."

I knew all about it. I knew what I had in store for myself in this.

Yet... I couldn't avoid it. I let him win.

I failed.

Despite grandma's warnings... I failed.

"I'm sorry, grandma.." I sobbed, letting the pooled tears fall.

Before I could enter another mental breakdown, something unexpected occured.

Gentle hands rested themselves on my cheeks, wiping away the betraying tears as he pulled me closer, leaning down in the process. I felt his soft warm breath as it fanned over my face, giving a cool feel on my tear stained cheeks.