Chapter 39: Predator And Prey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{PREDATOR AND PREY}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
_____________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

Hugging Reece closer to me, I tried to fall asleep just like he was. But every second that passed made me irritated when I couldn't. The events of today kept playing in my head like a loop, no matter how much I wanted them to stop. There's an apprehensive feeling in my gut that tells me something is going to go wrong sooner or later.

I weaved my fingers through the small boy's hair as I thought back to Areon's threat. His pure feelings of hatred towards Leon was something that highly unsettled me.

I carefully let go of Reece as I lifted his head up from my arm and gently laid it on the pillow. Moving his hair away from his eyes, I pressed a loving kiss on his forehead, not missing how his lips tilted to form a small smile in his sleep.

I sat up on my bed with a sigh, moving the covers off of myself as I got up, adjusting them around the hunal so that he was perfectly covered before I moved out of the room, shutting the door behind me softly.

Now, standing in front of his door, I contemplated whether to disturb him this late in the night or to just go back and try my futile attempts at sleep.

But my hands moved faster than my doubtful mind when they banged on Leon's room door, not very loud but quiet enough that no one else in the house would be disturbed.

I felt guilty at waking him up this late in the night when I heard movements from behind the door and the shuffle of his feet as he walked over to open it.

My breath hitched when the door swung to reveal Leon standing there, shirtless, as his bare torso greeted me, making me instantly heat up. His sleepy eyes glazed over me before they widened in recognition.

"(Y/N)?" His voice called my name, raspy from sleep. "Is something wrong?" He asked gently, not even getting annoyed at me for waking him up so abruptly.

"Leo...I.." I trailed off, not knowing what to say now that I was in front of him. His half naked form also did not help me at all and the way his hair laid shaggily atop his head did nothing but only distract my thoughts.

"Come inside." He said, moving out of my way as I complied.

I took a moment to observe his room as much as I could in the darkness, only a few scattered rays of moonlight illuminating the view. It wasn't much different than my own, but I felt offended when I found it to be more clean and arranged than mine.

I heard the click of the door when Leon locked it, turning around so that we stood face to face. He took slow steps towards me, the features of his face relaxing as he neared.

"Now tell me." He demanded, crossing his arms over his naked chest, bringing my immediate attention to his flexing muscles. I gulped, averting my eyes away when I suddenly found myself unable to look at him.

'This is so silly!' I scolded myself internally. 'What was I even thinking?!' But that's the thing. I didn't really think about this and my feet just brought me in front of his door as if my body knew that I needed him at the moment.

What do I even say to him?! That I woke him up in the middle of the night because I couldn't fall asleep as the thoughts of his brother's threat unsettled me?

"It's nothing. Forget about this. Sorry for waking you up." I muttered nervously and stepped past him to move out.

But he didn't let me leave when he uncrossed his arms and blocked my way before grabbing me by the waist with one arm to pull me back to where I was standing.