Chapter 9: Losing Myself

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{LOSING MYSELF}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

"(Y/N), you told me that these creatures wouldn't be there in the town so what are-" Carter started, only to get interrupted by the two demons who immediately sided with me.

"It's not her fault. Please don't scold her."

"You don't even dare raise your voice on her, human."

Yeah.. You could guess who said what.

"What will-" The sound of footsteps halted Carter, making his eyes to wide in panic.

"Someone's coming!" He gritted out.

"You two, go hide!" I pushed Kian out of my way to get him to start moving to hide somewhere.

"But where should I-"

"It's not my problem! Who asked you to come here?!"

The footsteps were closer closer to us, making me sweat in nervousness.

Seeing my distressed self, Cassius approached the Charmer who raised his eyebrow in suspicion on him only for them to get the size of saucers when the shadow wrapped his arms around him.

Carter, Kian and I stared in shock when Cassius was surrounded by a black atmosphere of nothingness, shrinking both himself and Kian into a shadow and escaping the scene.

Before the two of us had time to process this, a teacher made his presence known.

Mr. Richards, our history teacher.

"Mr. Woods, Ms. (L/N)? What are you two doing here?"

Carter and I shared a panicked look.

"Oh... I-It's nothing, sir.. Sylvia had summoned the whole school in front of our classroom so we just... left.." I managed to stutter out.

"Ah yes. Sylvia.. She claims to have returned back from the forest completely unscathed. And not only that, she says that she brought two demons with her who are completely harmless as they're under her control." The teacher shared.

"Do.. Do you believe her, sir?" Carter hesitantly asked.

"Not really." Carter and I let out sighs of relief.

"However, with the precision she has informed about her entire journey and about the characteristics of those two demons do makes me think." Carter and I panicked again.

"Maybe she's just lying! To get attention!"

"Yeah! She doesn't have any proof after all!"

Mr. Richards shrugged.

"The mayor will visit her house today to know more about the matter. We can't just let this go ignored, you know. Melenoa could be in danger."

Who the fuck informed the mayor?!

"The mayor's daughter was the first person who Sylvia shared this with. It only makes sense that the news reached her father this quickly."

Holy fuck! Did he just read my mind?! 

Mr. Richards gave a certain look to me. He looked away quickly for me to decipher what it was.

Maybe it was just my panicked mind hallucinating but I could've swore I saw a sly smirk on his face.

"And what if what Sylvia is saying comes out to be true..?" Carter is asking the real questions here.

"I don't really have a clue.. I think we would need to ask the shaman what to do." Mr. Richards replied.