Chapter 16: As You Wish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{AS YOU WISH}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

"Hey, Leo-" My voice got stuck in my throat when a hand raised above to grip my neck tightly as I was thrusted harshly against a nearby tree, leaving me breathless.

"Not. Another. Word." He growled in frustration as he tightened his hold on my throat, unintentionally pressing his body on mine.

"Ju-st one more question-" I tried my luck.

"You have been speaking non stop since you met me and it's driving me fucking nuts!" He seethed.

"Oh c'mon! You know you li-ked talking to me-"

He covered my mouth with his other hand to try to get me to shut.

He stared into my eyes as I stared into his. A few seconds passed by with us being in the same position when he finally pulled away with a huff.

"What is it?!" He asked while giving me a nasty look.

"Don't you feel different, now that the curse is gone?" I asked after taking a few breaths.

"What exactly do you mean?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Kian had told me... About the voices-"

"They never affected me as much. I have been a trapped demon in this forest for over 1500 years. I'd eventually learnt to ignore them." He replied curtly, putting his hands into his pockets.

A trapped demon for over 1500 years... Makes sense why he's so snappy all the time.

"And-" I ignored the twitch of his eyebrow and the exasperated sigh that left him. "What happens to your clothes when you transform? Where do they go?"

He gave me a side glance before looking up ahead. "My body does not transform into that lion. The Beast just takes over my soul; we switch bodies as my human form gets trapped in my green eye when he's in control."

"Ohh." I nodded my head as if that made sense to me.

"Yeah. It's nonsense. But understand the author's sentiments and go with the flow."

Leon suddenly stopped walking, eyes fixed on something ahead of us. As my gaze slipped away from him to look at where he was looking, my body stiffened.

It was the temple.

The sun had already set, giving rise to nightfall.

Leon's body was more stiffened than mine when he kept staring at the temple.

"That's where they are..." I mumbled, dreading about what's to come.

"What's the plan, Leon?" I turned my head to look at the Beast beside me.

Leon's gaze hardened the longer he stared at the sacred architecture, clenching his fists.

"I'll deal with the Shaman. You focus on how to free them." And with that cold sentence, he took off running towards the direction of the temple, transforming into the black majestic animal midway in his run as a murderous aura surrounded his beastly form.

Leon's bloodthirsty roar was loud enough to be heard miles and miles over, as he encouraged the Shaman to leave his safe place inside the temple to come out and fight him.

I didn't waste any time standing there and took off sprinting to make it to the two demons chained in that pitiful condition.

Seeing as the door leading inside to them was locked, I frantically searched around for something that could help me in breaking the lock.