Chapter 41: I'm Sorry

~~~~~~~~~~~
{I'M SORRY}
~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

Softly shutting the door behind me, I made my way inside the house to where the others were currently gathered. My eyebrows were furrowed with worry, the apprehensive feeling not leaving my gut about the event that just took place outside.

"Where's Leon?" Kian asked as he glanced behind me to search for the missing beast.

"Some demon came running upto him saying that something has happened to Ms. Jennings and that she was calling for him. He went to her with the demon." I informed them, taking a seat between Reece and Cassius.

"Ms. Jennings? Oh! Is that the kind lady we met that day?" Reece asked, scooting closer to me.

I nodded at him, combing his growing, messy hair with my fingers as I moved them away from his eyes. He gave me a toothy grin at my gesture, something I softly smiled at.

I looked up when I felt two pairs of eyes scrutinising me and found both Kian and Cassius gazing at me intensely, as if searching for something. Kian's amber eyes were shining brightly, a peculiar look in them. There was a different aura oozing out of Cassius too. His cheeks were flushed and his lips were parted slightly, low breaths escaping out. What caught my immediate attention was how dilated his pupils were as he looked at me.

The way they kept staring at me, made me a bit uncomfortable as I shifted in my seat and cleared my throat, snapping them out of whatever trance they were trapped in.

Reece noticed my discomfort and gave me a concerned look, clutching my hand in his in a try to calm me.

"You're glowing today." Kian suddenly commented, eyes narrowed in suspicion. Cassius hummed in agreement.

"Whatever does that mean?" I narrowed my own eyes at him, not liking how they kept examining me.

"What is going on between you and Leon?" He cut straight to the chase, ignoring my question. Cassius also perked up, glancing between me and the Charmer as he waited for a reply.

I caught Reece glaring at Kian, probably because he understood that the Charmer was the cause of my discomfort. Even though Leon was not here, having Reece by my side made me feel just as much calm.

It's not that I feel unsafe with Kian or Cassius, but the way they both have been behaving towards me is... Concerning. 

Ever since Cassius had come back from the hunt that day a few days ago with a brutally mangled body of another Shadow demon, he's been acting strange.

He's often lost within the spirals of his own thoughts, randomly just staring blankly at something. Other times, he's busy gazing at me, looking at me with a weird, obsessed look. His temper has also worsened at an alarmingly concerning rate. He gets irritated and angry very often, emotions that were always foreign on his face before were starting to become recurring.

But when it came to me, he was back to being his old, shy self. Easily becoming flustered and nervous. Though his stutters had gone from limiting to non existent.

"Leon is now my husband." I stated confidently, not finding any reason to hide this truth from them.

If my parents know this, then why not them?

Reece gasped, forgetting all about his glare at the Charmer and whipped his head around to look at me, ocean blue eyes filled with wonder and awe. "What?! When did you marry?! Why did you not let me come to-"

"W-what?!"
"That can't be!"

The two demons looked as if they had just heard the most horrifying thing in the whole world. Their features turned pale with shock, eyeballs almost ready to pop out of their skulls. It was as if their bodies had reached a simultaneous shut down with the way they both froze on their seats.