Chapter 23: Kingdom Of Melenoa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{KINGDOM OF MELENOA}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

"You are cursed too."

...

Silence followed Leon.

I stared at him with a blank look as if he just lost his mind but the other two demons present in the room appeared to be nervous.

"What?"

Me? Cursed? I'm no demon, so why would I be cursed?

"But I am a human?" Right?

"Every human who takes birth on the land of Melenoa is cursed." Leon stated and expected me to believe it.

I scoffed. "Why are you trying to fool me? No one has ever mentioned something like that before."

Leon scowled, seeming to be displeased by my disbelief.

"Fine then. You tell me- What is the history of this stupid town? How did it come to be?" He asked with an irritated tone.

I gave one look at Kian and another at Cassius, both of them were looking at me anxiously.

"They say that once Melenoa used to be nothing but a barren land with no vegetation. It's forests were dry with giant trees and wild animals filled with bloodlust. Later, it came to be known that those wild animals weren't animals but demons who had been habitating and ruining the land and either chasing away or devouring any human who tried to enter it's borders." I told them what I was always taught since I was a child as they listened in silence.

Ignoring Leon's tightened fist, I continued, "But one day, a Shaman and his wife kept foot in the town-"

Leon scoffed.

"What?! You told me to recite all this!" I snapped.

"You'll understand his behaviour in sometime." Kian mumbled beside me, voice in all seriousness.

Okay... These guys are really freaking me out now. They tell me that I'm cursed and then they tell me that everyone in Melenoa is cursed. And now, they're listening to me giving them a history lecture.

What the hell is going on?

"So as I was saying, when the Shaman and his wife learned about the pitiful condition of Melenoa, they decided to visit the town themselves. They were disheartened to see such a potential town being destroyed by those bloodthirsty creatures and took a decision to correct everything.

"When being faced by the King of Demons himself, the Shaman tried to negotiate with him, to convince him to have a coexisting life with humans in this town but he refused. The Demon King threatened him to leave immediately and revealed that the demons will soon take over the continent, endangering all human lives."

"What a load of bull-"

"Leon. Let her complete." Kian gave him a serious look and gestured for me to continue.

"The Shaman was angered by his attitude and the disrespect he received. So in his fit of rage, he spelled out a strong curse which would trap all the demons and their generations to come, in the vast forests of Melenoa. The demons tried to fight back but it was already too late.

"After that, the Shaman and his wife, along with their deciples took the initiative to turn Melenoa into a beautiful and functioning town as it is going on today." I finished the history lecture and looked at them for their reactions.

"Everything you said is a bunch of bullshit. It's all a fucking lie. Whatever they've been teaching you humans is a fucking lie!" Leon's red eye started glowing brightly as he shook in fury.