Chapter 13: Tortured

~~~~~~~~~~~~
{TORTURED}
~~~~~~~~~~~~
____________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

So I skipped school for this?

To deal with this moody Shaman?

This arrogant bastard.

How dare he shut the door right on my face?!

Like who the hell does he think he is?!

He didn't even let me say anything before shutting the door!

"Open this door right now, Shaman!" I yelled as I banged on the temple door.

I couldn't sleep all night because of the visions I kept seeing about the demons. It was almost as if I could feel their pain. Those tear stricken eyes and screams of agony. The images are still so vivid in my mind. Everytime I close my eyes, Cassius's bruised up body and Kian's pleadings are the only things I experience.

As soon as the sun had risen, I was on my way to the Shaman who lives in this old temple of the town.

It is believed that this temple was the first architecture that was built in Melenoa. Throughout the years, Shamans and their descendants have been taking care of it.

Unsurprisingly, it is located at a quite secluded land in the town.

"ZEPH!" I yelled out his name, expecting him to burst right through the door and snap at me just because I called his name.

And just as I expected, the door was thrown open revealing the fuming Shaman.

I smirked in victory, seeing the pissed off look on his face as he stormed up to me.

"Listen, girl. Never, and I mean never call me by my name."

"Why? Is it a curse?" I mocked.

He clenched his jaw tightly, hands forming into fists as he gave the coldest look possible to me.

"I'm the Shaman of this town. Learn to give me respect." He said with a voice full of arrogance.

"I will, when you free those demons." I said, coming straight to the point now.

I don't have enough brains to deal with this rude creature.

Zeph narrowed his eyes at me with a calculating look. He kept looking at me with an expresstionless face.

It felt as if he could see all of my deepest and darkest secrets.

"Well?"

"No." He simply replied. "They won't be freed. And I'm actually searching through the ancient texts to find the curse so that I can put all the other freed demons back into the curse."

"Hell no you're not." I scowled.

"Yes I am." He imitated my expression.

"There are other demons who are freely lurking our town and they need to be put into their right places."

"What right places?! If there are demons in this town, why haven't they done anything yet?! Maybe they just want to live their lives in freedom?! Ever thought about that?"

"I don't care if they haven't done anything yet. Who's to guarantee that they won't try anything in the future?"

"And who's to guarantee that no more people of the town would try to free them again in the future?!"

He glared at me as I glared at him. None of us wanting to quit. He has set up his mind but so have I.

"Let me just see Kian and Cassius..." I lowered my voice and tried to coax him calmly.