Chapter 18: Father And Daughter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{FATHER AND DAUGHTER}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

"Can they stop staring at me already.. I knew it was a mistake to come back to school so soon." Jenna's feeble voice said to me.

"Just ignore them, Jen."

"It's easy for you to say."

I breathed out a sigh. God knows how much I'm lacking sleep right now. It's been two whole days since all that fiasco with the Shaman and I'm yet to receive a news from the demons.

And there's no way I'm going back into that forest. All this while when I went into it, I've been lucky, I would say.

If Leon hadn't appeared on time that day, I would've been long dead.

Turned to shit after being digested by that Krugra.

I stopped walking, making Jenna who was walking beside me to stop too.

I turned to look at all the people in the hallway who were staring at us with those judging eyes and snapped.

"Can you all stop?! Yes, we did a mistake but anyone could have done that! Your judging faces and staring eyes won't reverse anything."

"Your so called mistake can cost us our lives." A guy yelled back.

"Yeah! Look at Jenna's face! Now that you have freed those demons, we can face the same fate! And maybe we won't be as lucky as Jenna!" Another girl argued.

"I'm aware!" I snapped at her. "But why don't you all confront about this to the one who's really responsible for it all, huh?! Where's Sylvia?!"

The hallway went quiet. None of the people present there had seen Sylvia all day.

"Weren't you the same people who were literally worshipping her when she sprewed all those lies to you before?! Where had all this concern went then?!" I clenched my fists.

They're making it seem like it was all my fault. All of them.

Carter, Zeph and now them.

All I wanted was for my friends to return back home safe and sound. Hell, I wasn't even going into that forest! The only reason I did go was to make sure that they'll be okay.

I felt someone grabbing a hold of my shaking clenched fist. Jenna took a hold of my hand and started to drag me away from there.

"It's not your fault, (Y/N)..." My best friend said softly.

"But they're making it seem like it is!" I gritted my teeth in frustration.

"They'll understand... Just don't let them get to you.."

"Easier said than done."

***

"And now I expect all of you to come here one by one and submit your homework assignments to me. Make sure to write your names on your assignments or you won't be graded." Mr. Richards said, snapping my attention back inside the classroom from the scenery I was staring at through the window.

When it was my turn, I lazily got up from my seat to his desk, with my assignment in my hand.

I'm so thankful of myself that I had completed it.

"Ah, miss (L/N)! I see you've been zoning out quiet a lot in my classes. Any specific reason for that?"

"You know the reason, Mr. Richards.... Considering you can literally read my mind." I made sure to keep my voice low so as to not attract attention to us.