Chapter 22: It's Time

~~~~~~~~~~
{IT'S TIME}
~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

The dinner was indeed nice...

If we count out the scrutinizising Sophia and Mr. Richards did to each other.

But despite their interrogation and suspicions on each other, all of us could indulge in reminiscence about the many dinners we had with our individual families.

Me and grandma.

Carter, Sophia and her husband.

Mr. Richards and his family.

With mine and Carter's silly talks and chuckles and the adults' bickering, we didn't even realise how late it had gotten until I realised that my demons would be coming home to meet me any minute now.

"Alright! I'm off to sleep! I may or may not be late to your class tomorrow, Mr. Richards!" Getting up from my seat, I said.

"Just because I start to treat you like my daughter doesn't give you any privileges, (Y/N). I'm still your teacher." He sternly said.

"What's the use of you then if she can't take some advantages." Sophia scoffed.

"Exactly." I agreed.

"What even is your first name?" Sophia suddenly realised that she didn't know his name.

Wait-

I don't know his first name either-

"It's Damon."

"Kinda like demon-"

"Anyway. As you said, (Y/N). You should be off to sleep. And I think I should leave for my home too." He said, cutting me off.

Sophia's eyes narrowed in suspicion but then they widened almost immediately, as if she was just hit by a realisation.

"So you are a demon. I knew my instincts weren't wrong." She announced.

"I don't know what you're-"

"Don't even bother, Damon. I've been close enough with a demon to know how one's aura feels like." She rolled her eyes.

"Eh-"

"And with the Shaman earlier, I saw how you reacted."

"Fine. Yes. I'm a demon. But so is your son." He admitted, nodding over to Carter next.

"Half demon-"

"He isn't even that properly. Because you never let him be."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She scowled.

"You know what that's supposed to mean. He's a half demon. But because of you he had to keep his other side suppressed. You thought that you were protecting him but in actuality, you never let him embrace his father's side, Sophia."

When I think about what he's saying, I feel Mr. Richards is right.

What's the use of being a half demon when you can't use your demon powers?

"No. That's not... It's.. What do you know about this?! Shut yourself, Damon before I lose my cool!" I flinched back upon hearing the harshness of her voice and the deadly glare in her eyes.

I always knew that Carter got his angry side from Sophia but seeing the original getting filled with that rage is terrifying.

"I'm just trying to-"

"Don't!"

"Fine. But do listen to what I have to say to you first." I was honestly impressed with how calmly Mr. Richards was dealing with the raging woman.