Carlon

As they walked in the village Garran told Naku things he knew about the village he lived in, but one of the villagers then greeted Garran.

'Good morning Garran.' Said an old woman who was pulling the grass in front of her house.

'Morning too grandma.' Garran replied with a warm smile on his face.

Immediately one by one the other villagers greeted him warmly.

'Morning Garran, have you been hunting today?' Said an old man stroking his bow.

'Ahaha.. I can't catch one today uncle.' Garran answered him with a giggle.

Garran kindly answered one by one their warm greetings to him, Naku who saw and heard that then pulled the hem of Garran's clothes and asked.

'...Garran, what is grandma and uncle?' Naku asked with an innocent face.

'Ah.. you also forgot about that?' Garran answered and stopped walking then turned towards Naku.

'...I don't remember it, I only remember how to hunt and survive.' Naku's face turned a little sad when he heard that.

'Hm... Naku know Father and Mother right?' Garran lowered his head and asked him.

'Yes.. I know, but I can't remember if I have a father or mother..' Naku answered but the look on his face didn't change at all as he was used to it.

'So.. grandmother is a term for an old woman who has children and the child is a mother, and vice versa for men. For uncle, it is a term for siblings from a father and mother or also to men who are older than us. So if Naku meets someone like that Naku should call them that out of respect for those who are older.' Garran explained to him in a soft voice.

'Hmm... alright' Naku nodded and smiled after knowing it.

Naku and Garran then continued their journey around the village introducing Naku to activities and life that he had never done, after walking around for a while they arrived at the back gate of the village where a group of hunters had gathered to prepare to hunt for food for their family, Garran then invited Naku to meet them and introduce them.

'Hey guys!' Garran said in a high voice.

'Hmm? Oh Garran! you're hunting fast.. we were just getting ready.' A man who was the same age as Garran said.

The man was wearing body armor made of leather and a bow in his hand as well as a sword and dagger at his waist.

'Today I failed my hunt haha.. but let me introduce you to someone I just met in the forest while hunting.'

'This is Naku, even though he looks like a child..his hunting skills are way above mine.' Garran introduced Naku with a happy smile.

'Hello..' Naku answered in a small, embarrassed voice because it was his first time speaking to someone other than Garran.

'Oh.. hello kid my name is Carlon, if what Garran said is true do you want to join us hunting?' Carlon said as he smiled at him in a friendly manner.

Naku then averted his eyes and glanced at Garran, but Garran smiled at him and patted his head gently.

'If Naku wants to try it... Naku can come with them all to understand how to hunt which maybe you don't know something about it yet, Naku also wants to know about their activities, right?' Garran said to Naku.

'Yeah, I want to know..' Naku answered while looking at Carlon and his group.

'Then what do you want to use? I have a bow, dagger, and also a sword.' Carlon walked towards Naku while displaying his equipment.

'Hm.. bow and dagger I already have..., hm?'

Naku's eyes then diverted and glanced at an object stuck in a wooden plank near a small farm in a house, that object was a sickle that was used to quickly cut rice stalks.

'Uncle.. what is that thing?' Naku pointed at the scythe embedded in the wooden board.

'Hmm..? oh.. it's a scythe, what's wrong?' Garran glanced at the scythe that Naku was pointing at and answered with a slightly confused face.

'I want to try using it, I think I can use it.. because if I see.. the sword that Uncle is holding was heavy.' Naku answered while looking at Carlon.

'Hm.. then just take it, that's the scythe I use to harvest rice.' Carlon stood up and put on his gear and got ready to go hunting.

'Then come on kid, let's see your hunting skills.' Carlon looked at Naku who had taken his scythe.

'Okay..!' Naku answered with passion on his face.

Naku and Carlon's group then walked out of the village and headed for the forest where they would be hunting.