Incomplete Memory

5 days after visiting Duke, Naku and Carlon visited him again to pick up the weapons that had been placed by the blacksmith chosen by Duke.

"Naku, I wonder what weapon you asked the blacksmith to make?" Carlon said while walking side by side with Naku.

"Hehe... Secret" Naku said with a grin.

After walking for about 40 minutes, they returned to the city of Zealuterra and immediately visited the Duke's mansion. When they arrived, Naku and Carlon were immediately greeted by the servant sent by the Duke to direct them to the promised place. Naku and Carlon walked behind the maid who accompanied them quietly while looking around the long hallway in the mansion which was full of valuable art.

After walking a very long hallway, they arrived at the basement entrance that led to where the blacksmith worked. Naku and Carlon saw Duke who was waiting for them, waving his hand and inviting them to come in and see the work made by the blacksmith.

"So... the weapon is finished...? I thought it would be done after more than a week, but it turned out to be fast too..." Carlon looked at the blacksmith's work room which was full of iron, rocks and strong ore.

"The blacksmith I chose is one of the famous blacksmiths in this city, of course his ability to make weapons is very good and fast" Duke stood up from the wooden chair and walked towards Naku and Carlon.

The blacksmith who had been standing next to Duke while holding 2 objects covered in cloth walked over to them and handed one of the objects to Carlon.

"This is the weapon you asked for"

Carlon opened the cloth and looked at the object covered in the cloth with a look of admiration and a smile on his face.

"This.. looks really good.."

Carlon held the object, which was a weapon in the form of a spear with a black handle and a blood red blade.

"I forged this spear with a rare ore called Crimson Meteorite because the ore looks like a freshly fallen meteorite." The blacksmith smiled and was satisfied to see Carlon's good reaction.

"I'm very satisfied with this... thank you." Carlon shook the blacksmith's hand with a satisfied smile.

"Oh yeah... Naku, what weapon did you ask for...?" Carlon saw Naku who was holding an object covered in cloth after being given it by the blacksmith.

"Hmhm... here it is..!" Naku pulled the cloth and threw it in the air with a big smile that looked very curious and excited to see his new weapon.

The weapon held by Naku is a sword with a hilt that looks slightly wider than a normal sword. The hilt of the sword is pitch black and the blade is blood red like Carlon.

"Huh..? sword? why didn't you say so from the start..." Carlon's expectations dropped after seeing the weapon that Naku was holding.

"Don't judge so quickly uncle... look at this!"

Naku gripped the hilt of the sword tightly and immediately made a "CRACK!" and the hilt of the sword split into two and flew around along with the blade of the sword and made it become a sickle in an instant.

"Eh? How come it's a scythe...?" Carlon looked confused and shocked by what he saw.

"I used the same Crimson Meteorite as your weapon but he asked to make the weapon a sword and a scythe at the same time, so I added Dark Iron to the hilt which is very strong but also very flexible if you put mana into it." The blacksmith explained it simply and calmly.

"Wow... uncle can make such a great weapon..." Naku was stunned after hearing the blacksmith's explanation.

But when Carlon, Duke and the Blacksmith discussed the weapons they were holding, Naku saw that there were charcoal marks on the blade of the sword.

"Ouch... I have to clean it..." Naku took the cloth around him and tried to clean the blade of his sword.

After Naku touched the blade and cleaned it, he felt a sensation like touching a flower which felt slightly hot.

"...? It feels like touching a flower..." Naku held the blade to feel it again.

But after a while, Naku felt a very strong headache and made him drop his sword on the floor.

"UGH?!... MY HEAD..!" Naku's eyes widened as he put both hands on his head to try to relieve the pain but the pain was so strong that his vision was a little blurry.

"NAKU?!" Carlon heard the sword that Naku dropped on the floor and hurriedly ran towards it with the Duke and the Blacksmith.

"AAGH..! M-MY HEAD H-HURTS...!" Naku hit the floor hard to endure the pain but his consciousness was suddenly tugged by fragments of memories that appeared in his mind.

"Naku... isn't this flower very beautiful? Even though it feels a little hot, it's still beautiful, right?" The same female voice when he tried to get out of the forest said in his mind.

"..?!" Naku vaguely remembered a foreign but familiar memory.

Naku saw a girl standing in front of him with a smile that felt warm to him, the girl had beautiful long black hair but he couldn't remember what her face looked like. He was holding a pitch black flower accompanied by red flames on the flower.

"It's okay Naku... I will protect you, because we are... #@$#*!"

Just before the girl finished her words, Naku heard a loud sound that made his ears hurt to hear and he couldn't hear the girl's last words. Naku's body quickly became weak and fell and his vision became dark and he fell unconscious.