Carlon's Past (Part 5)

Regnier's eyes widened seeing hundreds of strange creatures that walked and destroy anything in front of them, the creatures then attacked Regnier with swords like knights but when Regnier block his attacks, these creatures broke Regnier's sword with very strong force. Regnier jumped back quickly avoiding the other creature's slashes and observing them, Regnier was shocked by the fact that he was beaten in terms of strength because Regnier was the strongest knight on the continent but he was defeated very easily with just a simple slash from the creature.

'...Are you humans?' Regnier asked the creatures a question in a sinister tone.

'...NO PERMISSIONS.' The creatures answered in unison and startled all the knights around.

'WHAT'S THAT?' One of the shocked knights looked back while blocking the enemy's attack.

'...Is that reinforcement...?' One of the Vivid knights said with a slight smile.

But suddenly the head of the knight was hollowed out and charred by the fire that quickly penetrated his head, the fire came from the hole in the palm of one of the creatures that instantly killed him.

'HAAA?' The Zealuterra knight who fought the knight was shocked by his enemy's head which suddenly had a hole and was charred.

'HELP-' The knight asked for help in fear to the other knights but suddenly his vision became dark and his head and body were hollowed out and charred by the creature's attack.

'RUN!' All the Zealuterra and Vivid knights ran away in fear from the creature.

'GET OUT OF HERE IMMEDIATELY!' Regnier came and took one of the swords stuck in the ground and fought the creatures.

'COMMANDER!' The Zealuterra Knights shouted for their commander in a slightly frightened tone.

'GO, HURRY! REPORT TO THE KING-'

All of the Zealuterra Knights looked back and immediately stopped their steps, their eyes widened and saw something they couldn't believe. For the Knights of Zealuterra, Regnier is a very kind and strong commander for them, all the actions taken by Regnier are kindness and justice for those who follow him but what the Zealuterra Knights see makes them shocked with a sad expression that gradually forms after saw that Regnier, a very strong knight and a figure of justice for all the people of Zealuterra, was pierced by a fiery sword from the creature right in the chest through the heart and burned it. This incident left all the Zealuterra Knights speechless because it happened so fast, but a few seconds later they realized what they were seeing and tears streamed down the faces of all the Zealuterra knights.

'COMMANDER!!!' The Zealuterra Knights screamed in voices trembling from sorrowful cries after seeing that scene making their bodies feel powerless.

'Ugh...! RUN! DO NOT LOOK BACK!' Regnier frowned and released an enormous amount of mana from his body creating an electric shield that prevented the creature from taking any further steps.

'UGH..!' Even though they wanted to deny this, what Regnier said made a lot of sense to them and they were forced to run for Zealuterra.

Carlon slowly realized seeing the familiar barren land startled him and opened his eyes wide and looking around, he saw one of the knights pick him up and carry him away along with the other Zealuterra knights.

'W-WHAT IS THIS?!' Carlon asked while being shocked at the things around him.

'WE HAVE TO RETURN...! REPORTING IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT IMMEDIATE DANGER TO ZEALUTERRA!' The knight who lifted Carlon answered with a shout because even a small sound would not be heard amidst the crowd of Zealuterra knights running as hard as they could.