Mana (Part 3)

At the edge of the forest where Naku lived they both held their respective weapons.

'Okay.. watch what I do.' Carlon gripped his sword and quickly mana flowed into his blade and slashed it at the tree in front of him.

Carlon's slash made a mana slash that flew quickly, splitting the tree and the trees behind it.

'The attacks you carry out can be this powerful if you know how to use mana proficiently and efficiently, understand?' Carlon smirks at Naku and belittles him thinking he couldn't do the same.

'...I also could.' Naku stood up and gripped his scythe tightly and closed his eyes.

Naku slowly felt the mana inside him moving like a steady current, he carefully circulated the mana throughout his body and his scythe made the handle of the scythe extend with the blue mana handle just like he did when fighting the Deep Wolf Forest, he then opened his eyes and slashed his scythe forward with all his might and managed to split the tree in front of him but only scratched the tree behind the one he cut.

'Hah.. hah... how is it..? I can do it too.. Ugh..' Naku panted and sweat dripped off his forehead and experienced extreme fatigue.

'..Pfft... ukhum... p-pft.' Carlon covered his face with his hands and held back his laughter but it failed and he burst out laughing.

'I SLASHED IT! WHY UNCLE LAUGHING?!' Naku frowned and punched Carlon in the stomach.

'Well.. it worked, but.. you didn't do it efficiently, soon you will feel it.' Carlon smiled at Naku.

'Feel what..? UGH?!' Naku fell and his whole body stiffened.

'MY BODIES CAN'T MOVE.' Naku screamed in panic and tried to move his body muscles but it didn't work.

'AHAHAHA! That's what I mean, it's called Mana Overuse.' Carlon looked down and helped Naku up.

'Uh.. Mana Overuse?' Naku stood up slowly using Carlon's hand as a fulcrum.

'Mana Overuse occurs when a person uses up too much mana inside himself to the point where there isn't even a bit of mana left, when the mana inside us runs out the body will think that we are in danger and focus on refilling the mana in ourself as a replacement our body will experience stiffness. But if you get used to it you definitely won't feel the stiffness that makes you unable to move anymore and can move as usual even if you run out of mana.' Carlon smiled at Naku and helped him walk to a nearby tree for him to lean.

'If you want to avoid Mana Overuse... of course use it efficiently like this.' Carlon then channeled his mana in just 1 current into his right hand and his sword, and then slashed forward slicing through a boulder in front of him.

'Ooh..' Naku relaxed his body and leaned against the tree behind him.

'But, you can also increase your mana capacity.' Carlon sheathed his sword again and put it on his waist as he walked towards Naku.

'Eh..? can?' Naku looked at Carlon who was sitting beside him and gave him the small meat snack he made before going.

'Yes, Mana Capacity can also increase if you use it often and master how to use mana just like training the human body to build strong muscles.' Carlon ate the meat snacks while leaning his body against the tree.

'We can also increase mana capacity with some special artifacts.' Carlon said while looking at Naku.

'Artifacts...? What's that?' Naku said while tilting his head as if he didn't understand the word.

'Oh yeah.. you're amnesia huh.' Carlon patted Naku's head gently and giggled.

'Artifacts are like precious and rare magical objects in the world, artifacts can also have different forms depending on their respective abilities and the power of artifacts can also give the user great power but at the same time equal risk.' Carlon raised his head and looked at the clear sky.

'So... like borrowing power at a risk commensurate with it's strength?' Naku answered in a low voice.

'Yep you're really smart.' Carlon patted Naku's head gently giving him a compliment.

'Okay let's continue, I'll train you for a while and the rest you practice yourself.' Carlon stood up wiping the excess flesh stuck near his mouth.

'Ah.. okay!' Naku quickly stood up and dashed towards Carlon.