Slave

Naku walked on a very wide grass plain and Nano was above his head, Nano then looked around and said

"Naku, is it okay for me to show myself clearly like this?" Nano said to Naku who was looking around.

"Are you worried about your appearance as advanced technology?" Naku continued his steps while looking above his head

"...Yes, what if people see us?" Nano answered uneasily.

"There's no need to worry about that, because that Project Ark. That organization created a lot of advanced technology and introduced it to merchants which making their technology spread quickly. Even though I don't like it, at least it will make you not stand out." Naku said while walking calmly.

Naku saw various merchant passing by the road traveling using horse-drawn carriages but when he met another merchant again, he saw that the luggage he was carrying looked strange and was covered with big cloth. Naku frowned but quickly smiled at the merchant.

"Young man, are you on your way to Darya city?" The merchant said kindly.

"Yeah, so this road goes to the city of Darya that uncle mentioned?" Naku answered while looking behind the merchant.

Nano flew and slipped into the carriage and saw under the cloth covering the carriage, she was shocked and hit the carriage.

"Hm? What's that sound?" The merchant said before being interrupted by Naku.

"Thank you for telling me uncle, I will go now." Naku smiled at the merchant and walked while looking to the side.

Nano rolled among the grass before jumping into Naku's hand.

"Is what I think true Nano?" Naku whispered to Nano and walked calmly to avoid the merchant's suspicion.

"Yes... that's a human being who was enslaved." Nano answered in a low tone so as not to be heard by the merchant.

"Young man, Can I ask you something?" The merchant asked Naku.

Naku stopped his footsteps and turned around calmly while smiling at him.

"Yes?" Naku looked at the merchant calmly so as not to be suspected.

The merchant saw Naku's unique appearance, long black hair with red eyes as beautiful as rubies made the merchant smile.

(A teenager with an appearance like that can be sold for a very high price...) Thought the merchant who smiled at Naku and walked towards him.

"Are you looking for income? I know a place to make a lot of money and you are perfect for the job." The merchant smiled at Naku.

Naku frowned and looked at him with disgust.

"Naku, i just detected an assassin near the horse-drawn carriage... but I don't think he realized I had detected him, that mean he's not that strong." Nano whispered to Naku.

"Yes, Nano get in the bag." Naku walked while smiling at the merchant.

"Really uncle? Can you show it to me?" Naku was right in front of the merchant and an assassin appeared from behind the carriage trying to stab Naku in the back.

Naku quickly grabbed the merchant's shirt and pulled him up as a shield, the assassin accidentally stabbed the merchant who had hired him right in the neck.

"You..?!" The assassin jumped onto the carriage to keep his distance.

"Because of you, that damn merchant died, I won't be able to take the rewards of this job now." The Assassin said and smiled evilly looking at Naku.

"At least if I manage to cripple you and sell you as slave like the merchant planned, I'll get a lot of gold coins." The Assassin grinned and laughed.

Nano pushed the assassin from behind, surprising him because he was too focused on thinking about the reward of his job.

"Ugh, my balance..!" The assassin slipped from the carriage and fell.

Naku quickly ran and thrust his sword straight into the assassin's heart making him vomiting blood.

"Agh!" The assassin screamed in pain but then Naku pushed his sword deeper into the assassin causing him to die horribly.

Naku drew his sword and slashed it to the right to cleaned the blood-stained blade.

"Naku, he said that he wanted the reward, so maybe he was just a free worker who took the assassin's job." Nano flew towards Naku.

"Yeah, he talks without worry too much in life and death situation." Naku walked to the horse-drawn carriage and removed the cloth covering the thing inside.

"Hmm.." Naku thought and saw a slave in an iron cage.

An 8 year old beautifully dressed slave girl looked at him fearfully.

Naku then opened the cage and lifted her out of the horse-drawn carriage.

"Naku... he looks scared, should we pick him up?" Nano whispered to Naku.

Naku looked at the girl and put on his robe.

"Naku, there are a lot of people heading this way." Nano whispered to Naku.

"Yes, get into my cloack Nano, they are likely the ones who are looking for this girl." Naku then ran towards the forest with Nano.

The girl wanted to say something but Naku and Nano had already entered the forest, a group of knights ran towards her anxiously.

"M'lady! Are you okay...?!" One of the knights who was the commander of the knights said in panic.

The girl nodded and looked at the corpse of the merchant who had tried to sell her.

"So that person captured m'lady...? judging from the horse-drawn carriage, he was trying to sell the m'lay. How dare him, is the corpse of the man wearing all black there an assassin?" The knight commander said while looking at the two corpses.

"...Yes, I heard the words of the two people who saved me saying that he was a free worker who took up the job of assassin." The girl said to the commander general in front of her with slightly feel fear.

"I don't see anyone around here, ...for now let's go back to the m'lady's mansion." The commander lifted the girl gently and carried her back to the city.

...

"Look that Nano, they must have come back to take the young lady back to her mansion to keep her safe. So we don't need to run too deep into the forest, now we go into the city and blend in there so we won't be seen by them." Naku smiled seeing Nano on his shoulder.

"Yeah.. your cloack is very worn, I think it's okay to go to town to buy some cloack and other equipment." Nano answered Naku.

"But we still need to be careful, we are being hunted by Project Ark, because the variables you have in your system are very unique." Naku said to Nano.

"...I've been thinking about this for a long time, you are very smart, aren't you Naku...? Or could it be that you are a genius? You can understand the basics of technology like this very quickly, you are also quick to learn about mana." Nano said while chuckling.

"What do you mean by that, I'm not a genius or anything. I just try to learn those things because I'm curious." Naku jumped down from the tree and walked towards the city gate.

"Ahaha... you are very humble, Naku, even so, I still think you are very smart and quick to learn." Nano laughed at Naku's words.

"Yeah~ Yeah~ You can think of me like that, but I'm still not as smart as you think." Naku patted Nano's head gently as he walked towards the city.

"I'M NOT LYING! YOU'RE REALLY SMART!" Nano shouted embarrassedly at Naku because of patting her head gently.

"Yeah yeah~" Naku laughed and kept saying the same thing making Nano scream embarrassed because Naku kept patting her head like a child.

The two of them laughed together as they walked towards the Darya city gate.